EVO 4G 1st generation phone?

Discussion in 'HTC Android Phones' started by wingnut144, Apr 9, 2010.

1. wingnut144

wingnut144 Member

So, is this device going to be considered a "first generation" phone? I know its running Android OS......but.......

It looks good on paper, and I'd be excited to get it, but I got stung with the 1st generation Palm Pre on Sprint, and I'm not falling for THAT again.........

This phone would replace that Palm POS........ LOL :dft009:smile
  2. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

well its the first of its kind so i guess so, but android is pretty stable
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

gnath9 Member

Droid Rules !!!
  5. xtrememadness

xtrememadness New Member

i think it will be good. im holding out for this instead of the incredible on verizon. i just hope sprint doesnt change their plans for this phone since its 4g!
  6. gnath9

gnath9 Member

I have a bad feeling that 4G will come with rate hikes. Including VZW ... just my opinion.
  7. n99hockey

n99hockey Moderator Staff Member

they (sprint) said that it will only charge higher rates when using 4G and wont be charging higher when not, so i guess if you live in a 4G area then you are screwed, if you live in 3G and travel to one then well you get a slighly higher rate

but im sure that will eventually change
  8. Liberated

Liberated New Member

The EVO would be 2nd gen if you count the HD2 though HD 2 is Windows mobile, the hardware seem to be kind of the same.
  9. JusSumguy

JusSumguy New Member

Hmmm... I read that 4G was unlimited and 3G has a 5 Gig cap.

Now that all the speculation is behind us, let me correct myself. Per month it will cost...

$ 69.99 --> Everything plan
    ----9.99 --> 4G Service (Live with it. It's better than an overage charge)
    ---29.99 --> Hotspot (not required)
    ______
    $109.97

-