1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

2.1 for Verizon Eris

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Mar 3, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

.....leaked....
    Android Central is claiming this to be the real deal and thinks it wont be long (we have heard that before) before we see the OTA update...
    what do you think
    [​IMG]
    XDA via Android Central

2. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Downloading from

http://www.mediafire.com/?aczonrmwm53

now.

"Ok everyone you wanted a tutorial here you go. This if for instructional purposes only, I’m not responsible if you break your phone. Step 1. Get the patched 2.1 Rom here –> http:// www.sendspace.com/file/frqze0 Step 2. Place PB00IMG.zip onto your phones SD card Step 3. make sure phone is off and hold Power button and Call Button. Step 4. the menu opens quickly press the power key over the hboot option. Step 5. Follow the instructions onscreen to install the update. the phone will reboot a few times. Enjoy! Notes: The phone will wipe all user data the sd card is untouched, i made a backup for safety purposes. purposes. Thanks to irc.thefuzz4.net/irc.wastate.net and Zanfur, Framework, Thefuzz4 and everyone else who helped us get here, lets get root soon! soon!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so your running it!?

5. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    It was too late last night for me to jump in. Reading 150 posts over at android forums now. There is a rumor the official update is coming tomorrow.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    interesting....

7. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Someone used Mybackup and it worked 99% of the way. Many people are finding that you have to re-login to Google after rebooting. I think I'll wait.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    looks like alot of the pay apps arent showing up in the market either, probably due to the unofficial ROM
    i think by the end of the month youll see it made available

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  11. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Nevermind. Once you go to 2.1, you can't go back.

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    well forget that then...

13. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I haven't installed anything but my text message counter turned from black (can't see the word under the counter) to see through gray. WTF? It must be a bleed through from reading too many 2.1 threads.

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    ha thats no good!
    i have noticed with anything tech, when i talk about replacing it, it starts acting up....
    (you think they are becoming aware!?)

15. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I got annoyed with the lag and installed the 2.1 leak. It seems much faster. I used MyBackup. Many apps didn't come over but my bookmarks did.

16. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    interesting, i hope so
    would love to update the wifes phone

18. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The latest rumor is that the Droid update is done. So much for the Eris update overlapping.

I predict that there will be more rumors about the rumored 2.1 OTA for the Eris soon.

19. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I was on the fence about rooting. But when I heard the 2.1 update was coming to my Droid that was enough to push me over the edge. So I hurried up and rooted my Droid and from what I have read ... I made a smart decision. Currently I am running ultimate droid 9.8.0 over clocked to 1.0ghz with the nexus theme and could not be more happier.

A rooted droid is a happy droid :dft012:wink

20. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Another rumored release date has passed.