1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

2.1! Who's in?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Synenome, May 16, 2010.

1. Synenome

Synenome New Member

Jan 9, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I'm headed to the Sprint store to get 2.1 on my Moment since there is no update provision for Mac users. (what's up with that?) I hope Eclair is as tasty as my Droid buddies say it is!

Living in the Moment!:dft003:cool

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    2.1 is cool but .... Root is the only way to go for me !!!
    Hopefully in a couple weeks I will be running 2.2.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Congrats on getting 2.1

5. Synenome

Synenome New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Well, the "guy" whose computer 2.1 is on was off today, so it will have to be tomorrow. They asked if I wanted to leave the phone and pick it up in the morning. Couldn't, wouldn't, didn't.

Living in the Moment:dft003:cool

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Well that sucks. Atleast you'll get it tomorrow.

7. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Issues with the 2.1 Update!

My wife has a Samsung Moment. I did the update for the phone yesterday and it went very smoothly.

The problem is that now, her phone is having a hard time connecting to the marketplace in order to reinstall her apps. Her phone was trying to download one app all night long and the phone even went into to "Airplane Mode". Her main concern is that now, after bluetoothing in her contacts from her old phone..her Moment is not storing her contacts. they keep erasing, even after she changed her profile to "Google" and synced them.

Any ideas?

8. Synenome

Synenome New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Sorry to hear that, Shaun. If it hasn't sorted itself out yet, you might want to go to Sprint and get the update directly from them. Met a guy there who also had problems with the home download; it bricked his phone. Sprint should be able to get your wife's Moment up and running. 2.1 is awesome, just need to carry a car battery around with me to keep the phone going since I'm playing with it a lot more! :-D

Living in the Moment and Lovin' It!

9. shaun0207

Bronze

Feb 14, 2007
    Yeah, I told her to go this morning. But she is hardheaded. LOL. She needs an extra battery too

10. Synenome

Synenome New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    Did you install 2.2? How's it working out? The specs look awesome, but as a newbie I'd hate to brick my phone.

OT, friend got her hands on an EVO finally...mighty sweet! Be interesting to compare and contrast with the Galaxy S/Epic when I can upgrade in November.

Still in the Moment:dft003:cool !

11. davidtwhittle

davidtwhittle New Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Suffer from battery charging problem used Battery Travel Charger. This is very useful and easy to used