1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

2.2 update

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by caroleriordan, Jul 5, 2010.

1. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Does anyone know if there is going to be a froyo update for the Incredible

sent from my incredible

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Im sure at some point there will, root in all its basics was released just a few weeks ago and I've already seen a few roms for it. Whenever it does we will be suite to let you know :)

Beta

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    there will be an official update, just no word on when

5. caroleriordan

Bronze

Jun 25, 2010
    Ok thanks . I can't wait !

sent from my incredible

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I cant wait either!

Beta

7. connnie

Bronze

Nov 6, 2009
    I read somewhere that HTC said last quarter of 2010.

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    argh! an INCREDIBLY long wait lolz

9. aceofrazgriz

aceofrazgriz New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    Apparently there was a leak out for the upcoming OTA including 2.2 (they ditched the recent OTA in favor of waiting for a working Froyo version.) Just set it up it yesterday (includes root btw.) Works pretty darn well and adds a good bit of things, some useful, some not. Overall i'm rather pleased. Quick find over on XDA, very easy to go from stock to 2.2 with root.

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    everything works?

11. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Yes everything works ... the official OTA has been leaked. Also non rooted users will get 2.2 in August

12. aceofrazgriz

aceofrazgriz New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    i wouldn't exactly say "official." Most leaks are what VZW is testing at the time, and almost always at least slightly differs from whats actually released. There are some bugs for people, but they have fixes out for them. I have the fixes ready on my sdcard but i haven't had to use em yet. Everything works well: flashlight, wi-fi tether( NOT same as 3G Hotspot), 720P video, includes new apps etc. There IS a really annoying thing though.... everytime you plug it into your PC it launches your browser to a VZW page.
    But for me and many others, so far so good. Def worth the effort, which going from complete stock its pretty darn easy.

13. AndroidN3rd

Bronze

Nov 20, 2008
    You and your puns lol. :p