1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

2 Exchange Accounts?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Nov 6, 2009.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

any one rocking 2 exchange accounts on there droid?

how does it look/work?

2. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    not got 2 exchange accounts, but I do have gmail and exchange set up. the combined inbox is kinda neat

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so its not like WM where each account is its own inbox?
    is MMS and SMS in the same?

5. Vazguard

Bronze

Jan 10, 2008
    Gmail and Work Email are different apps, just like the Calendar apps are separate.

6. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    Can you set up two exchange accounts on the Droid? WinMo phones don't even let you set up two exchange accounts. That's awesome.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    you are supposed to be able to yes...

im curious how it does the email and more importantly the contacts and calendar!

8. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i can only speak from exchange experience on winmo phones. i used a 3rd party service (nuevasync) to sync my google contacts and calendars through exchange to my winmo phone. now with the droid i don't need to so i have no idea how it is.

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    lol well thats why i posted the question :dft010:big_smile

10. EliseMe

EliseMe New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I'm syncing GMail, dot Mac, and Exchange accounts (1 of each). So, I can't answer the question about two exchange accounts (sorry) but I can let you know that:

- email other than GMail goes into the Email application by default
    - you can add your GMail account to the Email app so you only have one inbox/app to deal with
    - you can view inboxes individually or combined
    - calendars are separate - the exchange calendar is opened with the "Corporate Calendar" app and the Google calendars come in through the "Calendar" app
    - you can have any calendar that publishes to the internet go to your Google account as an "other" calendar (if you just want to view it), and then those "other" calendars will show up in the Calendar app

Hope that's somewhat helpful...

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    yea that is somewhat helpful
    to know that all the accounts seperate

i just want to make sure each exchange is its own entity and dont combine so i get stuck with work and personal shoved in to one big mess

12. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Exchange Tasks

(Mods - split this if it's too far off topic)

I use a WinMo phone. Does Droid Exchange sync Email, Contacts, AND Tasks, as well? I have become a slave to the ability to sync it all at once.

13. EliseMe

EliseMe New Member

Nov 7, 2009
    I found this: http://www.companionlink.com/android/?gclid=CNzxtqaZ_J0CFRkGswodpEshqQ while looking for something else.

They claim to be able to sync using the Google account as a go-between. I have not tried this; YMMV and all that...