1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

2G.. really ;]

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rude boy, May 25, 2014.

1. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014

Sponsored Ad

i have a carrier unlocked One S, which used to be T-Mobile, now it's on AT&T. i remembered from when i had the One X that i had to setup a APN, so i found the necessary information and create one, worked fine, actually set it up a couple of times no problem. so today after i redid my phone again i create the APN, and now i can't get higher than 2G (tested in several locations) anyone any idea how i can resolve this?

here's the content of the APN;

thanks in advance.

ps. checked the AT&T web site and where used to be a iPhone 5s is now a flip phone, i have to assume that is the reason, i see a visit to the AT&T store in the near future.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hi rude boy. The rude boy? Long time...

If the phone was a branded TMo, but unlocked are you sure it works on the necessary band for AT&T 3G, 4G and LTE? AT&T uses bands 4 & 17 for LTE (700/1700/2100MHz). 850 and 1900 MHz, bands 2 and 5 for HSPA

What is the exact model numberof your One S?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    i like to think i am "the" one ;} your name seems familiar as well...

anyway, yes it worked for the first week, I'm thinking it's due to AT&T messing with the plan.

the One S model is HTCVLE_U..

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    When you say you "redid" your phone, what does that mean? Reloaded OS, updated OS, etc?

6. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    re-flashed stock ROM since custom ROM software-bricked my device.