1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

<3 Moto X

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rude boy, May 25, 2014.

1. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014

Sponsored Ad

i dunno what happened but i oh-fficially fell in luv with the Moto X. actually considering, depending on what Apple is bringing with the iPhone, as some of you know i am really hoping for a different enclosure, in addition i got this HTC One S because i was/am bored with iOS. yeah there are several things i need to look into since our house is 100% Apple.. i think it can me done, we shall see ;}

and hey... nothing wrong with thinking about the good 'ol Moto(rola) Q days...

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    My trusty Motorola Q is still in my nightstand. Use it as an mp3 player. Thing is built solid as a brick!

(And welcome back?)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I really enjoy my Moto X. Active notifications are fantastic. It's nice to see the clock pulse now and again. I dismiss or launch from notifications all day long -- and it doesn't ding my battery at all. I like the size, the 'M' divot in the back for my finger and the overall feel. I'd like to see them ramp up the build quality for the Moto X1. The Moto X feels solid, like most Motorola phones, but the quality still feels a step below the iPhone 5s.

Honestly, the cheaper Moto G, E are also great, great phones. I wouldn't take pictures with them or push games, but they do provide for a nice Android experience.

5. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    Chris you are partially the blame i fell for the X... gonna stick with the S for a bit, by then we'll also know more on the iPhone 6 and perhaps iOS 8 (which.. i dunno how they are going impress me, but we shall see ;} when i decide to jump, at least for an extended time i'm going with the X, that i am pretty sure of.

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I heard a rumor it was going to be a bigger screen, which is a bit of a bummer. For me, the 4.7-inch display is the biggest I can use with any level of comfort. The smaller iPhone 5s still feels easier to manage, so there is some trade-off on the Moto X. Bigger screen, slightly less comfort. I wish tap targets were more accurate, that's a pain point for me, specifically when browsing. I'm not a fan of when Chrome will zoom instead of go to the intended link. Two, sometimes three steps instead of one. Seems to rotate more than I'd like, so might have to lock it. For me, the active notifications is something I use all day long. So good.

7. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    really liking it so far.. i dig the screen size, not huge, no small... nice in between and well manageable with one hand. definitely a fan of the active notifications, great "invention" and so simple when you think about it. Ok, Google Now works about 50%, might re-record the phrase. i do agree on the tap targets, i figured it was me being used to iOS? never was a fan of auto rotate. biggest downside (again) battery life.. as i discussed with Adam & Scott, i don't know why i fuss about it, i'm home all day and can charge it when i want.. gave my car charger to my wife so i will be getting one..

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What's an active notification?

9. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I hate auto rotate on any device. iPad is locked, phone is locked, etc. the note3 has very convenient fast settings available from the top in a pull down so I have the local rotate in there in case I want to actually rotate it.

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I can pretty easily go 2 days on my note3 and could stretch it to 3 if I was careful. That battery life is fantastic.

11. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
  12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
  13. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    doubtful.. I saw a lady using it on a call, looked like she was holding an iPad mini.

Sent from my XT1058 using Everything Android mobile app

14. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    To each their own of course. I love the size of it and the readability of the screen. Wonderful for me. The screen is essentially 5 inches high by slightly less than 3 inches wide. I see other devices exclaiming 4.7 high etc... So not really that different. Key word in all of this of course is me....as in it works for me and I'm not trying to tell others what to do. Merely stating my happiness with the device in several notable areas such as size and battery life.

15. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    of course... ya like what ya like ;}

16. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Bob, you don't find it uncomfortable when making calls?

17. rockdawgusa

rockdawgusa New Member

Jun 10, 2014
    EQBob, while the screen size may not seem much different, there is a BIG difference between 4.7in and 5in screen size phone depending on how much bezel action is going on. My Galaxy S3 has a 4.8in screen but the phone is just a little too big for me. Hence why I picked up my Moto X recently on sale. :)

Sent from my XT1053 using Everything Android mobile app

18. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Which is better device Moto X or Samsung Galaxy E7?