1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

4.2.2. Lag

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Has anyone else noticed lag on 4.2.2.? I keep reading articles about it, and they say just put live wallpaper on and you should be good. However fire me its just noticeable to be annoying but just quick enough not to get in the way of daily activities. It's nothing to do with data so don't mention factory reset.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I found this thread over at XDA almost amusing. The title would indicate I would see all kinds of ranting and maybe some suggestions, but it almost seemed to be more saying many aren't having troubles. However, if you haven't gone through it there are some interesting suggestions that may actually help you.

Many seemed to have gone back to 4.2.1 and seemed pleased with themselves....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Put live wallpaper on to speed up the phone!? Haha no thanks.

There is occasional lag, however it happened on 4.2.1 and so on.

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Thats what I found funny too! I even posted how amusing that would be and the guy derped me.

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What kind of 'lag'. I have not seen anything that I would attribute as lag?

7. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    For me, it was swiping over to the next screen, and around 4-5 seconds later the screen would appear. Choosing an app and anywhere between 10-15 seconds later the app would open. It was so bad that "muting" my screen (pressing the power button once) took anywhere between 30 -45 seconds before the screen would shut off.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Mine isnt that bad. However it is worse when using a large program, ie; Ingress

9. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Lucky...but then again you are Scott :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2