1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

5 Most Used Applications

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by carvercasey, Jan 27, 2010.

1. carvercasey

carvercasey Guest

Sponsored Ad

What's the 5 applications you use the most?

I use:

1) Firefox on PC/Safari on Mac
    2) Windows Live Messenger
    3) Adobe Photoshop
    4) Microsoft Word
    5) Macromedia Dreamweaver

2. Animal~is~awake

Animal~is~awake New Member

Jan 22, 2010
    My top five apps.

As I don't own a computer, I use my Motorola Droid for everything. Here's a list of the top five apps that I use and an explanation of what I use them for.

1.- xScope Web Task File Browser
    This is a much faster browser than the default browser on the Droid. It also has some very nice custom features like pin zoom, task management and video downloading.

2.- ASTRO File Manager
    This app allows for advanced file management. One very nice feature is that you can backup your apps to the SD card. This is very handy. I normally backup an app before an upgrade incase the upgrade has features I don't like. I can then restore the previous version by deleting the upgraded version and loading the original version from my SD card.

3.- Google Maps
    The GPS driving directions eliminates the need for a stand alone GPS device. I use the Latitude feature to keep track of my friends that drive semi trucks. We can always see where each other is located.

4.- Weather Bug along with Radar Now
    Weather Bug for forecast and weather alerts. The Radar Now for the animated radar. I've never found a free weather app that has a more accurate animated weather radar.

5.- Dialer@Bar
    This app locates your contacts and phone keypad in the notification bar. This frees up space on your homescreen for more app widgets. It also shows the number and name in the notification bar when someone is calling in. Another nice feature is that you can pull down the notification bar to call someone without having to back out of the app your using.

There is three apps that work in the background of selected apps that is activated with these apps.

1.- Keep Screen
    It allows you to select apps that you would like to prevent the screen from sleeping on. This is handy for apps like Last FM, Google Maps when using it for directions without the car dock and the camera/video recorder.

2.- Call Light
    It prevents the screen from sleeping when you are in a phone call. It makes hanging up on the phone call a whole lot easier.

3.- SMS Awake
    This turns on the homescreen so you can see you have received a SMS. You can answer the SMS without having to unlock the phone. This is handy when you have the ringer volume shut off.

Another Droid Addict
    Animal

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Android Agenda Widget is much better than the standard calendar.

Weather Bug, Rainy Days for radar, Wunder for local temp, Moon Phase Widget.

Astro file/task manager.

Quick Settings.

Bookmarking for Delicious.

Coldwell Banker Real Estate.

5. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I saw your comment on the "Quick Settings". Does that make me a stalker? :dft010:big_smile

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    That depends. Do you know the Vistad's? One of them works at Polaris and his brother lives here in Oregon.

7. tman065

tman065 New Member

Nov 11, 2008
    I live a too far south of Roseau to know the people there. But it certainly is a small world.

8. Shelly Knight

Shelly Knight New Member

Jul 22, 2013
    looking at this old thread makes me realize how many apps have gone by the wayside because of Android developing them natively. Heres an updated 2013 version:

-Shazam
    -Vine
    -PodcastAddict
    -Rocketplayer
    -Amtel MDM

9. Chris Eissens

Chris Eissens New Member

Aug 8, 2013
    On my Galaxy S4
    * Facebook
    * Whatsapp
    * Gmail
    * Opera
    * Camera App

10. tulupsar

tulupsar New Member

Dec 2, 2014
    On my HTC desire 526g plus
    Facebook
    Whatsapp
    Gmail
    TotalRecall Call Recorder
    Viber

11. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Gmail
    Yahoo
    Facebook

12. kdenominator

kdenominator New Member

Sep 8, 2015
    * Facebook
    * Instagram
    * Gmail
    * Honeyday Blitz 2
    * Messenger

LOL, don't worry, I do have a life. :p

13. asm29

asm29 New Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Fallout Shelter
    Honeyday Blitz 2
    Messenger
    Gmail
    Calendar

14. arthisoft

arthisoft New Member

Sep 12, 2015
    Facebook
    Twitter
    gmail
    Google+
    linkedin
    Firefox

15. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Please tell me about this 2.

16. kayleescott

kayleescott New Member

May 22, 2014
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Flynx
    Honeyday Blitz 2
    High School Story

17. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Here is mine top 5 I use most.
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Gmail

18. asm29

asm29 New Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Honeyday Blitz 2 is a puzzle/match game. It is like Candy Crush but IMHO, this is better because here, there are no cheats. I personally like the graphics of HDB2 better than CC, also the characters. I can go on and on but I'd rather you try it and see for yourself. I can only assure you one thing, you'd love it if you like challenging games.

Fall Out Shelter is a good game to pass the time. I really like it before, I used to check the game every hour but TBH, I am getting tired of it. I guess simulation/role playing games aren't for me. But you might love it. People talked about it so much that's why I tried it. Graphic is really nice but it lags sometimes. Probably because the game takes so much of your phone memory.

19. michelle8256

michelle8256 New Member

Apr 9, 2014
    *COC
    *Candy crush
    *Facebook
    *Honeydayblitz 2
    *Fall out shelter

20. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    My Top Use: