1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

80% battery before bed and 30% next day

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by m8loa, Dec 17, 2013.

1. m8loa

m8loa New Member

Dec 17, 2013

Sponsored Ad

My note 2's battery losing power through night even though i turned off all apps. I went to bed and had 80% battery but when I got up next day it had about 30%. I don't think this is normal when im totally not using the phone, oh and i also turned off other features such as wifi/gps. my friend swapped his mpj extended battery which worked perfectly in my note, but nothing change. Have an old s2 so still keeps going for days. Please help and thanks in advance!

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I would start by identifying what the phone says is using the most battery. I am not sure on yours, but I look in Settings > More >Battery and I get a graphic representation of what is using the battery by percentage, high to low.

Nine times out of ten you will see SCREEN listed first. If so then you need to start adjusting the screen brightness to the lowest setting that you can comfortably see. Also take a look at the Time Out setting to maybe reduce that.

If SCREEN is not the first item on the usage list, the you will find an app that either is not really turned off or active in the background. Act accordingly to delete if you can't adjust and control it.

Apps and Widgets that work in the background and are notorious battery hogs include Weather, Traffic, FaceBook, Twitter and others.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Also, what is your wallpaper? Is it just a picture or graphic, or do you have a live wallpaper? Those eat a lot of battery. And, are you in a solid zone for signal, or is it spotty where you are?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Everything Android mobile app

5. soundee

soundee New Member

Dec 20, 2013
    what Rom did u use?

6. coolicool

coolicool New Member

Dec 20, 2013
    replace the battery to confirm if it is a dying battery

Sent from my Smart e4

7. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Your battery has been damaged, get it replaced and you're done.

8. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    It does happens, there are many applications that might be running in process, due to which your battery is getting low. Before going to bed, please check all running apps & stop them.

9. BrianRobins

Bronze

Oct 9, 2015
    I think their is still application running apps on your phone. You might have a live wallpaper something like that.

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Please stop resurrecting two-year old threads....

11. Kellie Hansen

Kellie Hansen New Member

Jan 14, 2016
    Same thing with my tablet.

12. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Something might be wrong with your battery, get it replaced before your warranty get over.

13. digital

digital New Member

Feb 14, 2015
    use "battery saver manager dgzone" for android with auto saving mode

14. Angelica

Angelica New Member

Feb 11, 2016
    i suggest you to check that which app consume more memory. then you decided to change the bettry or not

15. Paul Burke

Paul Burke New Member

Mar 29, 2016
    There can be many reasons of the charge of your battery get decreased. The foremost reason might be the battery get damaged. Other reasons are if put the wifi or data pack mode on for the whole night or using some moving wallpaper or running some applications at the back. Please check this is the case or not.

16. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Something is wrong with you battery. Your batter is consuming rapidly.