1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

A new forum for Moto X users

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Feb 10, 2014.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Given the popularity of the Moto X, coupled with some of the enhancements happening today, I thought it might be a good idea to fire up a Moto X forum. So here it is..

If you've got questions about the Moto X, want to share your love for woodgrain phones, this is your forum!

2. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    got mine today... yesterday, wednesday. so far really liking it, of course.

ps. it's black.. the mesh'ish forgot how it's called carbon fiber? feels very nice in the hand.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Awesome. The 'M' indent is nice, perfect for holding when making calls.

Active notifications are by far the best thing about the Moto X. That and it's basically vanilla Android install. I live in notifications during the day, so appreciate these.

If you are looking for a great Twitter app, check out Fenix. I haven't had a need to use a third party launcher, but Nova is fantastic. You should also download the Google Camera app, so you can get that bokeh. For weather, I'm using Yahoo! Weather. There are a bunch of SMS options, but I seem to be drawn to Google Hangouts. Hello SMS is another good option. Most of my other apps are crossovers from the iPhone. IMDB, Redbox, Nest, etc.

Glad to see you are giving Android a shot with Android and not a manufacturer derivative of Android.

5. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    I have a Moto X with a cracked screen that I am interested in getting fixed, but I am debating if it is worth it. Has anyone had their Moto X screen replaced and how much was it?

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Is this a custom Moto X and was it bought from Motorola, not a carrier?

I understand that Motorola has (or had) a policy for custom Moto X phones purchased directly from them one screen replacement would be done for free. Not sure if the policy is still in effect, but if you qualify you should check into it. They may have changed the policy over the summer.....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Unfortunately it wasn't a custom Moto X. I replaced my daughter's Moto X with a Moto E after she dropped it, but I enjoyed using the Moto X and would love to have it as a backup or just swap my sim card every so often.

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    You didn't answer the big question and that is if you bought it directly from Motorola. That policy I mentioned actually seemed to apply to all Moto X versions. Look here. Again, it had to be purchased directly from them. They refer to the value being $175 so that would be the price they would charge to replace the screen. Certainly would be worth a call to them if you bought it direct.

You could also try a repair service. This one might be able to give you an estimate. I have no knowledge of them so I am not endorsing their service. The cost and complexity also depends if just the outer screen is cracked or if the digitizer is also broken. Here is a site selling a variety of replacement parts that can give you ideas on costs. The outer glass only is pretty cheap. Again, I am not endorsing them.

Here is a YouTube video of replacement. There are many others.

9. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex New Member

Sep 30, 2013
    She got the Moto X at Best Buy. My daugther was way too impatient to upgrade since her HTC Shift was having problems. The part that kills me was that she dropped the insurance through Best Buy and then about 3 months later dropped her phone twice in a week. She has always been clumsy with phones and should have kept the insurance. I'll check out the videos on how to replace the screen, heck I can't do any more damage than it already has. Thanks Steve.

10. mgfdr689

mgfdr689 New Member

Nov 3, 2014
    hows the camera and video for Moto X? anyone took pictures/video with it already?

11. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    I am planning for buy it soon