1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

AAC Files

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by deebrownman, Jul 10, 2010.

1. deebrownman

deebrownman New Member

Jul 10, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I just moved over to Android from blackberry. HTC EVO on sprint. I had over 250 songs I bought from the Sprint music store but they are in AAC format. They will not play on the EVO . I called customer service and they said the EVO supports AAC files. Any apps you can suggest that will allow AAC files to play on the EVO? Really don't want to lose all those songs.

Sent from my PC36100 using Everything Android app

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I found this online from a forum:

"Yup - the music bought through the Sprint Music Store (.koz files) is digitally encrypted (DRM) to only play on the device that bought it. It cannot be transferred.

You can still play it on the deactivated Instinct."

"thanks guys u were right. But sprint tech services was great and the credited my acount for all the music I downloaded so that i could redownload them through the amazon app. That was about $300 worth. It will suck to have to redownload all my songs, but thats better then loosing out on all that money spent. So I am happy with my new phone and the courtesy of sprint to refund me all my money"

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/190745

maybe you can get the same kinda credit deal.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    when i want to rid my itunes of DRM i use tunebite
    it re-records the music you already own and makes the mp3's that can be played on any device
    if i buy music i should be able to play it on any device i own!

www.tunebite.com

5. deebrownman

deebrownman New Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Thanks I will try that. Greatly appreciated !

Sent from my PC36100 using Everything Android app