1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

About to dump the Pre for the Evo

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by [Lynx], Jun 11, 2010.

1. [Lynx]

[Lynx] New Member

Jun 11, 2010

Sponsored Ad

are there any Pre owners or former Pre owners out there that are looking to get the Evo? I have a love/hate relationship with my Pre... I love WebOS and the multi tasking card aspect (I'm gonna miss that very much... but WebOS is very constrained and un-costomizable. I like the customizability of the android OS. I have a raincheck at my local best buy and the Guy sais it will be about a week before more Evo's arrive, but I am very torn.
    I mean the only bad thing about the Evo is the Battery Life and I have that with the Pre now so I guess I'm used to that...

Any Thoughts?

Lynx

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I honestly havent heard anyone that went to an android that didnt like it. Im still using my incredible and love it. For the simple fact that its rooted before the release makes this something to drool over lol.

p.s. welcome to EA! :)

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    I switched from the iPhone (having different versions for the last three years) to the EVO and I absolutely love it. It has all the customization that I longed for with the iPhone plus I didn't have to "jailbreak" or mod it in any way. Plus it is already rooted if that is your thing. I couldn't be more happy with my decision.

5. Kaotic_elite

Kaotic_elite New Member

Feb 22, 2009
    I went from the lagging palm pre to the HTC EVO and couldn`t be happier ! the adaption to the EVO was like a walk in the park dont miss the pre at all... I must say tho that in its time the pre was a good phone! I had it a full year without any replacements or anything

6. CerickJA

CerickJA New Member

Nov 16, 2008
    I just switched from the Pre to the Evo a few days ago and I love it. I stood in line for the Pre last year and I was very excited about the phone when it debuted. However, as time went on, I kept wanting more out of it. I am going to miss some things (like swiping), but I am really enjoying my Evo. Going to an all touchscreen phone has been much smoother than I thought. I am excited about discovering more of what this phone can do. After having it for almost a week, I have yet to regret my decision. I'd say give it a try and see how you like it! Good luck.

7. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Just a reminder to those new Android folks to check out the Everything Android app, located in the Android Market. Just search 'everything android'.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    1,000-5,000 downloads already!

9. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    We need to get more of those folks on the member's side. Get'em postin'

10. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    I'm going to work a small banner for the forum homepage, so that more people know about the app. I need to find out how to get one of those god awful SKU images, so people can scan to download. Whatever takes to move more folks into the forums and into the app.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    those are super easy, i made one for my personal contact info and one for my business info, i think you can handle that!

12. billnye97

Bronze

May 24, 2010
    I don't get why there are so few people here on this forum. Especially the way the EIC forum exploded in the past three years I was a member there. Anything to get more people posting.

13. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    just a thought ...

Chris .... you can download "barcode scanner" (free) from the market.
    and create a contact in your phone with all the info you want. Now you will be able to share that contact and choose "barcode scanner" and you will see a QR code. Now just press menu again and share ... mail it to yourself.
    Although there might be a better way I know this will work and its not too hard to do.

Attached Files:

#12 gnath9, Jul 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2015
  14. Synenome

Synenome New Member

Jan 9, 2010
    So, did you get the EVO? How's it going for you? I dumped the Pre for the Moment and have been very happy with it, but I'd sure like to upgrade in a couple of months.

Go Droid!!

15. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    Hi Lynx! I cherished my beloved pre... until yesterday when I picked up this sweet little device. I stood in line for hours for my pre! I do already miss the multitasking. However the speed of this HTC/Android combo more than make up for it. I hated the Samsung Moment, it turned me off to android for a long time. I think HTC makes a quality product, and 2.2 makes a big difference. I am happy with my upgrade!

~Softspirits~ Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

16. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    What do you mean about missing multitasking? Android does this beautifully...

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

17. softspirits

Bronze

May 2, 2007
    With the pre, to switch between apps, we just slide around from card to card. With android I have to reopen each app. Is there an easier way?

~Softspirits~ Sent from my HTC Evo using the Everything Android app

18. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Hey Spirits!
    You can hold the home button to pull up recent apps to quickly switch

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

19. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    On the Droid, long pressing the home button opens the last 6 apps. The apps "More Recent" allows up to 15. (Cyanogen does this as well, so I am not using More Recent right now...)

20. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

21. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Could be....had been using More Recent prior to rooting...