1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced lock screen

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Salil Surendran, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Salil Surendran

Bronze

Aug 24, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Hello
    I looked far and wide for a lock screen that had the following functionality but couldn't find any. I would like to have a lock screen that will only ask me for a password when I click certain apps that I want to be secure. But once I enter the password it will not ask me again for the remainder of the session that is till I switch off the screen. I have a screen lock that will ask me for a password even though I have entered it earlier in the session.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sounds to me like you are looking for something I have never seen. The function of a lock screen is to lock the device, not individual applications.

You might want to look at an app like SmartAppLock, which allows you to secure individual apps. AppLock is another highly rated one.

Are those something of interest?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Salil Surendran

Bronze

Aug 24, 2011
    I have used AppLock and right now I have SmartAppLock. Both of them don't have the funtionality where if I enter the password once then it remembers it for the entire session

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Have you looked at the settings within the two applications? There should be some kind of adjustable period of time before lock reactivates. I have not used either so I have no personal knowledge.

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I don't think you will find anything that will not unlock for your entire session as that would kind of defeat the general purpose of a locking app. For example, if you forget to close the app, in theory it would never close or lock.

Not sure if anything like what you describe is made....

7. androidbabbles

androidbabbles New Member

Nov 8, 2014
    By CM security lock protection you can choose the app that you want to locked.Try the CM security smart lock app.