1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Android 2.1 SDK released...Droid update soon to follow

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by powerwagon, Jan 11, 2010.

1. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009

Sponsored Ad

Hey guys, just read where the 2.1 SDK has been released...that means the Droid should have an OTA 2.1 update here VERY soon. Figured you guys would like this information. Be looking for it over the next week if not sooner :)

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i think there is a Jan 22nd update coming....

#2 n99hockey, Jan 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    I think you will see this update before the week ends.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    what makes you say that?

6. powerwagon

Bronze

Nov 24, 2009
    The fact that 2.0.1 update started rolling out 3-4 days after that sdk was released, as well as comments made by higher ups at CES. Don't hold me to it, but I really think we'll start seeing updates hit by Thursday-Friday.

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    not a bad theory
    hope its true for you guys

8. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    From word I've gotten it will be at last a week or 2 before the update is out. Last I heard it was on ESD79 but still not final as of yet as there are still some bugs to be worked out

9. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    I hope its true too just hope that the 2.1 version will have the gps, because from the video I watched about the rooted droid getting 2.1 on it was that the gps feature did not work, which is prob. my fav feature in the phone stock wise that is ;)

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    how could they cut that out? thats a big seller for them, the video was probably just an early rendition that didnt include that part.

i would be shocked if they got rid of GPS capabilities in the Droid

11. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Hope your right :)

12. Aixelsyd

Bronze

Jan 25, 2009
    GPS is a given to work in 2.1 once itis released for Droids by VZW/Moto. The videos and stuff you see and hear about online about 2.1 on the Droid is because they are cooked ROMs that were/are being ported to get working on the Droid and not the actual Droid 2.1 update from VZW.

13. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Thanks aixelsyd! now im excited for the release of it :)