1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Battery Saving Tips

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Alhena Batool

Alhena Batool New Member

Dec 15, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Nice tips, i liked it.

2. Pitt Crown

Pitt Crown Guest

Nice sharing, thanks
    [​IMG]

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. rabbyapk

rabbyapk New Member

Jan 6, 2015
    My sony xperia z batter decrease day by what can i do , i use battery saving app but it's result is not goof

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    What OS version are you running? If it is KitKat 4.4.2 there is a bug in the Google Play Services. When is the last time you checked for updates?

Look here for a description and a possible workaround....

6. ArmoredFury

ArmoredFury New Member

Jan 13, 2015
    all complain about the battery issue. My phone is enough for two days, I think it's normal

7. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Useful tips very helpful!

8. ashley80

ashley80 New Member

Apr 14, 2014
    Thank you for this. Although, even though I'm not using my phone, the battery still keeps draining. Even when I'm not having my app opened. And when gaming in devices, I also lose a LOT of battery, even when it's not connected to the internet. The game that I use are only simple games, like ball jump, candy crush, honeyday blitz 2 and amateur surgeon. I know that it does not even require too much power?? And in easy saver mode, I can't play games, so I'm checkign that off of my list.

9. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Read the original post and evaluate if you have apps running in the background like Facebook, Twitter, weather apps, etc.

Often applications can be poorly written and waste power. Try removing everything and see if the power use stabilizes. If so then add one app at a time, use for a few days and see what happens. That should allow you to track down the offending app.

10. rosario1990

Bronze

Feb 1, 2015
    Great tips here on battery saving. I will keep this in mind to save my battery life. Thanks a lot!

11. Amberwhite

Amberwhite New Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Since i maintain my battery as per your suggestions it reduce quickly even for single message 1 % reducing and while data is on it consumes 3% for single message. How to maintain it.

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    If you are saying when you read or send one message an your device loses 1% or 3% then there is something wrong.

Please clarify what you are saying and include details about your phone including the brand, model, age, OS version.

It may be time to change the battery if it is a couple of years old...

13. Joseph Carter

Joseph Carter New Member

Sep 28, 2015
    Agreed ! But you should close all the application which is not in use. Like Facebook, whatsapp, is working as a background application.

[Removed by Mod] use to secure you phone, your photos and videos and anti theft.

#52 Joseph Carter, Oct 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  14. Amberwhite

Amberwhite New Member

Sep 22, 2015
    It was maximum 3% reducing , My device was Asus Zenfone 5, kitkat OS version, 8 months age.

15. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Still not quite sure what you mean by "maximum 3% reducing". Is that what happens after sending one message?

Have you gone through all apps to make sure they are not using data and power in the background? WhatsApp, Facebook, weather apps and many others are notorious for that. Location/GPS apps and others that use location services can be constantly trying to update. You may not be using an app, but they can be running in the background. Automatic updating is never an option to choose with applications.

Weak cell locations can use extra power searching for a signal so if you are in a fringe 3G or 4G area you might want to set to 2G.

Help us help you....Tell us what you have done to find out what is happening.

16. Amberwhite

Amberwhite New Member

Sep 22, 2015
    Thanks for your kind information as you said many apps were running background it seems now i can find that.

17. androidguys

androidguys New Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Useful tips, thanks
    Anyway I lose my confidence in saving battery life,now take a power bank along everywhere I go

18. Apperator

Apperator New Member

Oct 28, 2015
    Good ideas. Thanks for sharing!

19. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    That is really helpful information thank you..

20. BrianRobins

Bronze

Oct 9, 2015
    I will try this one, because i'm having problem with my battery it drains fast. So i carry always a powerbank in my bag.

21. EdwardSmith36

EdwardSmith36 New Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Thanks a lot for sharing this needful content, I was really going through this problem from past few days.