1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Device Manager - Now On A Device In Your Hand?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by stevetaz, Aug 13, 2013.

1. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Google has pretty much loaded Android Device Manager onto just about every Android phone on the planet by now. What, I didn't give permission for that to be done you say? And what is that for?

Take a look......System Settings > Security > Device Administrators > You should see Android Device Manager in the list, but not selected. If you select it you will have the ability to locate your phone or remote wipe a lost device a la Apple's Find My Phone using a web-based interface.. If you want to annoy those around you it also allows you to ring the phone (at full volume). Google says it is so you can locate a phone you know is near you, but you just can't find it. Of course, a Google account is required.

This was announced on the official Android Blog earlier this month.

Note that I am not sure how this would affect rooted devices, if at all. I would guess it can't, but if you have a rooted phone can you post and let us know?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Rooted and custom ROM on my phone (Galaxy Nexus) and works just as advertised.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 4