1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Droid 4 filename storage question

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by John71, Sep 15, 2014.

1. John71

John71 New Member

Sep 15, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Hi,
    I am using an Android 4. It does not store my photos and videos like my Droid 2 did. I want the photos and videos to be saved in order of date but, when I hook my phone up to my PC on the Android 4, it has all of the videos last in the Camera file which is in dicm. My Android 2 would keep all files in chronological order with a date being part of the filename. Is there any way to make my Android 4 save the files with date as part of the filename, and all photos and videos in chronological order?

Thanks, John

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Not sure what an Android 4 is. Can you clarify what manufacturer and model the phone is? Also give the Android OS version such as 4.0 (IceCreamSandwich), 4.1-4.3 (JellyBean), 4.4 (KitKat).

I am running KitKat and the only file sort options for pictures I have are:
    Time
    Type
    Name
    Size

Your Droid 2 was probably running OS 2.2 (Froyo 2010-2011) so many things were different. That may include the file storage options.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. John71

John71 New Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Thank you for your reply and please forgive me for posting my question in the totally wrong forum.
    My phone is the Droid 4 with jellybean.
    I appreciate this forum and I will post in the correct place.
    Thanks, John

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Moved to the Droid Forum.

I do not know of a way to insert the date as part of the file name automatically. Sounds like a programming challenge.

You might find this of interest. Apparently there has been frustration since Android updated the OS from 2.1 to 2.2 and since.....

6. John71

John71 New Member

Sep 15, 2014
    Wow!
    Thank you first of all for moving my question to the correct forum. Second, thank you for that link. That conversation touches on exactly what I was refering to.
    While I am disappointed that there doesnt appear to be a way to have the files named the way they were in my old Droid phone, I am grateful that you were able to find me an answer to my question.