1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Android, Is It Worth It

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Taki, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Taki

Taki New Member

Nov 9, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Do you believe the Android is the Iphone killer? I don't think so, but I do believe it will become a respected and perhaps even feared competitor.

2. xiflada

xiflada New Member

Nov 1, 2008
    Well I work for a cell phone shop. We got ten in the week it came out and were sold out by within a week and a half. So far they are on back order until further notice. If it isn't better than the iphone it sure is giving it competition!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. attgirl

attgirl New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I think that the problem with Iphone is that they are only usable with one carrier and that is the killer. I think that they would sell so much more if they had more carrier options. So I think that this can put them in a world of hurt, yes.

5. ctaylor52

ctaylor52 New Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Big Competition

They should expand their carrier network. I have seen the Iphone, and the Android; performance wise the Android has the Iphone beaten. I also feel Apple has their work cut out for them.

6. chris2k5

chris2k5 New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I don't think the Android is an iPhone killer. It still needs more updates to the software and the G1's hardware isn't all that great.

I cannot believe they overlooked a 3.5mm jack for music.

7. princee18

princee18 New Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Yeah, we can not say that its the Iphone killer, iphone has a big market and its really very difficult to stay in competition with it. I can only say that android is a tough competitor of iphone.

8. attgirl

attgirl New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I think that it could stand a chance of outdoing the iphone. I am not really sure where it will out do them as I can figure that some of the areas would be really strong while others might have a problem.

9. glsda

Bronze

Oct 11, 2008
    I switched from being a 10 year plus user of Palms and Treos to the iPhone. Why, because Palm lost it's competitive edge. I love its OS but got tired of waiting for a really improved product. Palm once dominated the market now look at it. I love to see competition at work and am closely watching the android. It's this type of competition that gives us consumers better products and more choices of them.

Jerry