1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Android on the Samsung Monte GT-S5620?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EvilMuffin, Jul 14, 2012.

1. EvilMuffin

EvilMuffin New Member

Jul 14, 2012

Sponsored Ad

First of all - does anyone know of any projects that are currently in active development for this device?

Second: I am completely new to Android and custom imaging of mobile phones - however I have a fair amount of Linux experience (kernel compilation/cross compilation/almost everything Linux); I am also a novice programmer.

My question is about how to go about building a custom image for unsupported hardware.

As far as I know the Monte uses an ARM11 CPU which the android source supports, other on-board devices are also likely to be supported, but some may not be. How would I go about getting reliable information on the hardware spec' for this device? Google is a tit.

Secondly, building an image.. I assume this will also include a boot-loader (or will I depend on the boot-loader already on the device?). This boot-loader - is it universally supported on most devices? Should I expect a little hacking? Or just give up now?

I'm basically looking to build, and possibly release, my own image for this device. Any information required to go that bit further would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Pretty old device, out more than 2 1/2 years or so. Limited memory. 3.0mp camera.

gsmareana.com has a bunch of specs, here.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EvilMuffin

EvilMuffin New Member

Jul 14, 2012
    Thanks. I saw that spec' but it's more for consumers - I was looking for hardware spec's.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    All those type of sites have the same specs, which are fairly detailed and I am unclear what more you are looking for. Perhaps you need to write to Samsung if you are unable to find what you need.

I did find this if it helps:
    "Complete system-on-a-chip, high-end multimedia with advanced audio, high-speed 480-Mbps USB 2.0 OTG, full mixed-signal support for speakers, stereo DAC audio amplifiers, and USB transceivers, with full security, DRM and high-performance 312-MHz ARM11™ applications processor"

#4 stevetaz, Jul 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2014