1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Android tablet turns itself off in standby mode / By plugging power cable battery shows 50%

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by xaphar, Sep 21, 2014.

1. xaphar

xaphar New Member

Aug 10, 2014

Sponsored Ad

Dear all,

I have PC with Windows 8.1 Ent., 32-bit, and Saphir Media Tablet SMT-7-3G with android 4.2.2. Tab specs: Dual Core 1.6 GHz, 1GB, 16 GB internal memory, 3G.

1- Tablet turns itself off in standby mode occasionally and does not turn on. While battery was showing 70%. When I charge the battery in off mode it shows charging by turning on the yellow LED. When it is full charged yellow will turn in to green LED. But did not turn on. So I found a trick to turn it on. Press power button for 10 sec and wait. Then pressing again for 5 sec will turn it on. But I am still facing the problem.

2- When I see message 14% remaining battery, I plug the power in tab and suddenly it shows 50% and charging. DU Battery Saver app is installed now. I had Battery Doctor (Battery Saver) installed before DU Battery Saver. Both apps have the same problem.
    a- Is there any problem with this behavior?
    b- What actions should take to resolve it?
    Kindly help to resolve both of the above issues.

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Try charging the tablet from an electrical outlet, not the pc. Use the charging cable that came with the tablet.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sure sounds like some kind of a hardware issue or possibly charging profile software problems.

I can't find anything about the brand/tablet that is not in German so there isn't much to suggest. Looks like it is designed in Germany, made in China and sold in Europe.

In case it might be a corrupted OS causing charging issues I do suggest you try reloading your operating system clean and if you are using third-party apps you should not load any for a week or so to see how the tablet functions before loading anything else on.

Personally I haven't found any of the battery apps to be of much value, but that's me.......

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    First sentence says he/she has a PC with Windows 8.1....Sounds like they are charging by connecting the tablet to pc.... That's why I suggested the electrical outlet...

6. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Excellent point. Sometimes my comprehension is a bit restricted. Other times it is non-existent!!!

:p

7. Peter Carlos

Peter Carlos Guest

Well, I doubt the problem is with the device battery itself, okay I have got a trick which would let you check wether the problem is with the battery or not but one more thing for the test your device needs to be having removable battery,

Remove the battery put it over the flat surface try spinning it out if the device spins freely means the battery is swollen and needs replacement. See if that could help you in understanding where the problem is ?

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Tablet batteries are not removable.