1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Android Updater for Galaxy S4

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by David Luke, Nov 20, 2014.

1. David Luke

David Luke Guest

Sponsored Ad

Hi Guys I am new in this forum, I want to know if there is any kind of software updater available, from which any android phone or specially Galaxy S4 can be updated to latest Android OS or Lollipop.

Thanks in Advance.

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Updates are generally pushed out by the carriers after they complete their internal testing and approve of the software. You can go into settings and look for System Updates, but if your carrier has not approved and made available you won't get the update. Right now only a limited number of devices from several manufacturers have received the Lollipop update.

The Galaxy S4 is verified to receive the update, but probably will not see it until early 2015. Nothing definite has been confirmed by Samsung.

Not sure if you have looked into rooting, but that may be a way to install the new OS earlier, but keep in mind they have discovered a bug in a number of devices after installing Lollipop. Phones and tablets are crashing and/or running extremely slowly. Apps written with Adobe Air are inexplicably being removed and prevented from being reinstalled. This is the danger of being an early adopter and I am sure it will be worked out soon, but it is probably best to wait.

Do you really want to install an untested and unproven operating system on your device?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Well, well....Aren't you two clever having this lovely conversation with yourselves....Be Gone!