1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Any pros/cons buying Evo at BB instead of Sprint?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Saturngoddess, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Saturngoddess

Saturngoddess New Member

Nov 18, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I'm looking at the Evo after just having sold my Iphone 3gs. I've already set up an account at Sprint, but trying to figure out what the pros/cons are of Buying at BB instead of the Sprint store (besides the fact that I have to come up with more $$ upfront, whereas BB I don't).

Can you guys help me here?

Thanks.

2. dad4dds

dad4dds New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Other than money I think it is the same. I have used both. I love my EVO.

Sent from HTC EVO on everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Sprint store may waive activation fee, Best Buy can't. I have the Droid by Motorola. Bought at Verizon kiosk at BJ's. Paid and had to wait for rebate in mail. Never again!

Just got daughter Droid 2 from BB (free phone Friday promo in October). Only issue us that BB couldn't add the TEC insurance package to my account. Had to do that through Verizon. (BB sells their own insurance plan. Verizon's is better)....Just some thoughts....Go where you get best deal. Phone is waranteed through manufacturer for first year.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I got my Incredible at BB, painless, and no waiting for the stupid gift card rebate from Verizon. Also, since BB doesnt issue the Sprint Insurance, IF you want it, you can just call up Sprint and add it within 15 days (I think).

Its really a matter of convenience to you.

6. dad4dds

dad4dds New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    If you buy insurance from bb geeksqaud. 9.99 a month says it covers everything. If phone can't be repaired on the spot they give you loaner til yours is repaired.

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    It does not cover everything. No loss or theft. Carrier insurance covers that. If your phone breaks, with BB plan, they attempt to fix it. They "give" you a loaner phone for a deposit of $150.00. (Will not necessarily be a smart phone. They say it will make calls and me able to text). After 3 attempts at fixing, you can get new phone. Carrier insurance is better.

If you buy at BB, add insurance (if you were so inclined) through carrier.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

8. dad4dds

dad4dds New Member

Nov 4, 2010
    Thank you for clarifying that. Sherri. I knew I should not have believed what he told me.