1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody heard anything about a Nexus 5 phone?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Oct 15, 2013.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
  2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Rumors are all that are out there. October 15 was a very popular rumored date for release/announcement of the new Nexus, but that has come and gone.

Latest rumors assures us that the Nexus 5 will be released in time for Black Friday availability so now the guesses have the announcement coming Halloween or November 1.

A new rumor that just popped up suggests the delay is related to the inability to clear the FCC hurdles due to the US government shutdown. Interesting, but I would have expected those clearances and approvals to have been done well before the shutdown began, but this could have a sliver of truth to it.

Just to show someone has a sense of humor there is a story circulating that has Google releasing an LTE Nexus 4 at the same time the 5 is announced. Not likely in my opinion. Kind of a step back and not what I would consider Google's style.

And the best rumor I have heard has the delay as a planned one so Google could launch the Nexus Gem smart-watch along with the Nexus 5 and the Android KitKat OS (4.4) all at the same time. A trifecta if you will.......

So let's recap....No one knows.....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea, Steve pretty much summed it up. Lots of rumors, lots or purported images, but nothing concrete from Google yet.

5. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks guys.

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Everything I've heard points to it being based on the LG G2. That phone received rave reviews for the most part. If they remove the awkward button layout and put stock KitKat on it, it should be an awesome device. It's my next phone for sure.

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I had never seen the G2 and went and looked at it (online). Nice looking phone. Would certainly be a nice base for the nextgen.

Is KitKat the official name of the next code level?

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Yes, OS 4.4