1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone getting Nexus 6?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dgray636, Nov 13, 2014.

1. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010

Sponsored Ad

I see AT&T and Sprint release tomorrow, T-Mobile next Wednesday, Verizon, who knows. Anyone planning on getting one? I was thinking a nice birthday present to myself with my year end bonus.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Everything Android mobile app

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Nice present for yourself....

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Yeah, I thought so too. But fate intervened. Dropped my Nexus 5 in water. Got it to boot back up, but the touchscreen became inoperable. So, i had no choice, and had to get something now. So, i went with the Note 4. It's nice. Have to get used to having bloatware again, but at least this lets me hide it. Have the Nexus sitting in rice now, maybe I can get a nice backup.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Everything Android mobile app

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Darren, I am sure you know that the rice trick can work, but only if you do it BEFORE you try to power it on. The damage is done by booting it before completely drying.....

How sad that fate intervened before you could buy yourself the present you wanted. :(

6. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    I was in a pinch. Was in the truck when it happened. I had the air conditioning blow on it for about an hour. Booted up, and I was able to voice dial via Bluetooth. Need to have that. Without that, I am dead in the water, no pun intended. And like I said, maybe I can get a nice backup.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Everything Android mobile app

7. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Yeah my friend will get that soon..