1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have the Droid car mount in a Silverado/Suburban/Tahoe?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Eugene, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I'm interested to see where you mounted it, sticking it on the window its too far forward so I'm guessing I'll have to glue the sticky thing on top of the dash, but I wanted to make it unnoticeable when I take it off so no one tries a smash and grab thinking I've left a GPS inside or something.
    So I'm wondering where yours is. Mine is a 2004 but anything 1999/2000 through 2006 or so is about the same.

2. animal

Bronze

Nov 16, 2009
    There are mounts I've seen, that have a base like a cup, that goes in your cup holder. You could probably attach one to the other with some hardware from ace and throw it in the back seat when your not using it. Don't know where the cup holders are in a suburban, but its an idea.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
  5. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I have the truck with the bench seat in the front so the cup holders are pretty much on the floor.
    The Motorola one did OK when I moved it up high by the mirror so I guess that will do for now. Phone ended up being kind of worthess, once I got out of state it went to data roaming, so much for the best coverage if you can't use it. So now I'm trying to use my parents dial up and they only have IE7, took 10 refreshes disabeling more of its fake security settings before this forum would work, I need to bring portable firefox with me.

6. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    The Proclip mounts tend to hook into the dash without requiring any permanent modification...

7. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    My car dock just sits on the top of my dash above my cd player in my 2005 Mercury Mariner.

8. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I tried their glue on thing on top of the dash but it wouldn't stick.

Wow,its good to be back home and not see "problems with this web page ..." on 9 out of 10 sites I tried to go to, I can't believe how bad MSIE has gotten.

9. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    Ahem.......?

10. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I have the motorola one aleady, the proclip look like they just clip on the vents and block them.