Anyone intrigued by the MS Surface Tablet?

Discussion in 'Off topic' started by stevetaz, Jun 19, 2012.

1. stevetaz

2. n99hockey

Not really, I have my windows on a Netbook and Tower (soon to be getting), it is not something I will be looking in too really.

3. stevetaz

Don't say that out loud Scott. You may have to watch out for those big, black, silent helicopters......

Do you not see value as a tablet? Not sure I get what you don't like or have no interest in. Because it is running Windows?

4. n99hockey

Forgot to mention I already have an Android tablet...so yea

5. stevetaz

Well, I have a PlayBook and two iPads in the house and that is still an awesome looking device. Specs are pretty solid, but of course it has to be made and sold too......

6. n99hockey

True, I suppose each situation is different. If I WERE to get anything new, I would probably like to look in to a Chrome OS device to replace my Netbook

7. sherri

Gold

I like the ease of Android. Does what I need and want, and does it pretty well. Bonus is it isn't Apple.

Haven't seen the Microsoft tablet, but I don't think it would entice me. Now, get me an Android laptop, and we can talk!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

8. n99hockey

ASUS Transformer is what you need Sherri. Or there are these USB sticks that will be coming out with Android 4.0 on them..hook them to a tv with a USB port or Monitor and you have an instant Google TV!

9. sherri

Gold

Transformer is a "laptop"? Thought it was a tablet. My tv is probably older than you, Scott! Don't think it could get Google TV....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

10. n99hockey

Well the Transformer comes with the keyboard dock as an option so it acts as a laptop so to speak, it even closes on the keyboard like a laptop (I think) :p

Time for a TV upgrade Sherri

11. EQBob

Silver

Surface seems intriguing especially the keyboard in the cover feature. The real question (for me) would be if Win8 OS really delivers something new. iPad works great, always has, but always interested in seeing something new.

12. stevetaz

That and the pricepoint. We shall see.

Welcome back from hiding Bob....

13. EQBob

Silver

Sorry dude...I have a massive project at work. I've met every deadline, but we have a reliability issue introduced by a 3rd party software that I was mandated to use. Literally keeps me busy 24/7. Then with Mom's heart surgery, Dad's stroke, and the wife and corgi kids, there's just not enough time in the day....

I miss the forums and keeping up to date on things, but I haven't perfected cloning yet....

14. sherri

Gold

Galaxy tab has a case with keyboard as well, making it look like a laptop...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

15. stevetaz

So does my PlayBook, but look at the size/thickness of those keyboard cases and then the thickness of this Surface keyboard built into the cover, which is slated to come with the tablet, not available as an aftermarket purchase.

If MS can build in the reliability and make this keyboard to the standard their keyboards and mice have maintained for years I think it will be a super enticement. Still should feel like a tablet, not a netbook.

Again, time will tell......

16. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Just picked up the Transformer 300 with the keyboard. The nice thing about Asus's tab/lap products is the keyboard adds features like extending the battery life, full USB as well as full SD card. Also has the built in trackpad. Really you'd think it was a laptop looking at it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

17. stevetaz

18. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Can get it in a combo 32gb for $499.

Now I just need to get a USB ethernet adapter working on it due to security policies in the workplace against wifi.

Sent from Tapatalk2

19. Danielrogers

Danielrogers New Member

Just not interested, so nothing intriguing here. What is really interesting if the WP8's gonna be something nu nd worthy.

20. Gekon

Gekon New Member

I was thinking for a while about it but IMO it will be huge fail (like WP7).