1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone own a Aria?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by dwp1975, Aug 1, 2010.

1. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008

Sponsored Ad

Anyone use the HTC Aria? I can live without the live wallpaper but not happy that AT&T locked the ability to sideload apps (what's the point of having a Android phone?). Lastly, what is the likelyhood this device will get Froyo?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. dwp1975

Bronze

May 19, 2008
    I also found HTC's desktop sync client that allows for sideloading as well. I usually like to just shoot via email links to my app's .apk for testing. I don't understand why AT&T would pick up Android devices then neuter them. I love the EVO but it can no way be my daily driver due to the battery consumption. I was eyeballing the Aria as a potentially daily driver since I used to own a Eris and was pretty happy with it.

5. 2Spirals

2Spirals New Member

Sep 14, 2010
    I have the Aria. My iPhone 3G started boring me to death. Its just a bunch of screens with app icons. zzzzzzz. So I picked up the HTC Aria and had my first experience with Android. After using it for about 3 months now, I am confident to say I am impressed, and I absolutely love it. I know that it is entry-level, but if this is entry level, I can't wait to get my hands on something like the Captivate, or when they come out with other new cool Android phones.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    This app solves your program loading issue.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

7. Jman2124

Jman2124 New Member

Nov 6, 2010
    This is a good program to use to sideload , personaly satisied for about 3 days or so , however if your curiosit goes further than sideloading like the free wirless teather or hotspot .apk then you have to superuser capabilities and without being rootedits very hard to get superuser to work with the HTC sense, so ive been rooted for about 4 months now , its easy to root and to unroot if you need to do an exchange or return , and lucky enough with the sense its difficult to brick unless you actually go into system files with a root explorer and mess with things that are not ment to be tampered with.

Jman

8. smf98aggie

Bronze

Jan 11, 2011
    I just played with one last night for the first time at the Walmart Wireless store. I have to say, I was quite impressed with it. Though, it is way smaller than it looks in pics, it is still a great phone. And, for $.97 with a new upgrade or new service, you can't beat it! Of course, I'm waiting for the Atrix to come out next month, so I can dump my 3GS, but I may be taking the mother in law up there to get it. That way, I can still play with it when I want....

9. majmiri

majmiri New Member

Mar 8, 2011
    I have an unlocked aria with tmobile can't get picture messaging or internet to work. Pls help