1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone using their Droid naked?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by gwhzz35, Nov 25, 2009.

1. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007

Sponsored Ad

I mean without a screen protector you pervs..haha

I have Invisible Shield on mine but I've been thinking about removing it..I feel like with such an awesome display the shield is just 'blurrying' the graphics.

I'm just worried about scratching the screen..it should be ok because it's glass right?

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    this might help you

#2 n99hockey, Nov 25, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2013
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I like my Droid naked. Lol
    Its been naked since day one. As hockey pointed out ... I don't think you will scratch it. Now dropping it on a side walk might be a different story. I have had mine since the 18th and does not have even the slightest scratch on the screen. This phone is amazing!!!

5. Cunha

Cunha New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    I think you need to experiment with different screen protectors. While Zagg may be the most robust they are not known to be the clearest. On my friends I phone there is a matte anti glare type screen protector and is definitely the nicest one I have ever seen. Clear but leaves a good texture and a phone that isn't a mirror. Its neat.

6. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I bought the screen protectors when I bought mine but saw the link to the motorola forum where Motorola said to not use screen protectors so I never put them on.

7. rkcoll1

Bronze

Sep 23, 2008
    I had a screen protector on for the first few days I had the Droid, until I saw the youtube vid. Took the screen protector off and never looked back. Screen looks much better naked.

8. Cunha

Cunha New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Link to the info regarding "do not use screen protectors" that is cool news. I like the idea of a factory replaceable type of thing so we don't have to put stupid stickers on our cool pieces of hardware..

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    This guy's name is Matt (Forums Manager) but it's not clear that he really is one and he doesn't have a Droid. Many people in this thread have no problem with their screen protector.

https://supportforums.motorola.com/message/61120

"We do not recommend using a screen protector on the DROID because it does impact the touch sensitivity. In fact, Verizon agreed with that so you must have run into an agent who missed that memo. The glass on the DROID is pretty durable. I would return the screen protector."

* Another thread:

http://phandroid.com/2009/11/11/motorola-droid-scratch-test-with-car-keys/

"The screen is glass, keys won’t scratch it. BUT, glass, quartz, sand WILL SCRATCH IT."

"Damn, guess I can’t carry my Droid around in the pocket I keep all my diamonds in!"

"I put a screen protector on mine – got a pack of 3 at VZW store along with my Droid. The screen feels about same with/without protector. I work with tools a lot – never know when my Droid might end up next to some silicon carbide (material commonly found in sandpaper/grinding wheels) or some similar stuff."

"Yes, the screen is glass. I dropped mine yesterday and it shattered into pieces. Luckily i have the insurance…"

"One nice benefit, is the glass is less likely to break with the coating on there."

10. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    #9 bberryhill0, Nov 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  11. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    Thanks for the info everyone...to Cunha...do you know where he got the protector from?

12. Malvado

Malvado New Member

Aug 26, 2008
    well i still have the clear plastic covering that is on there when u barely purchase the phone, i mean the factory one....and lemme tell u it does mess with the touch sensitivity though =[

13. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    Sporting a naked droid since launch day and there is nothing wrong with it, its so sexy why hide it? like when hott chicks were make up its pointless :dft003:cool

14. Cunha

Cunha New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Apple store it comes in green packaging and is either sold in a two pack or with a silicone sleeve IIRC. I am a big fan of them. Thanks for the droid links.

15. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    Oh their made for the iPhones?..and they fit the Droids?

16. Cunha

Cunha New Member

Nov 23, 2009
    Sorry - this is an i phone cover I am talking about. I was just mentioning a positive experience I had with a different type of screen protector to illustrate the fact that there are many different types.

I'll keep my mouth shut. ; )

From what I hear...run the droid without a protector..

17. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    Ive never like screen protectors on any of my phones, even on devices with plastic screens i usually start out with them and then give up on em a few months in.

18. mrudnick

mrudnick New Member

Nov 28, 2009
    invisi shield

I haven't had any problems with my screen protector!

19. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    i was using the privacy protector for the droid. but then i found out how crappy it really was when i took it off. it was nice because it cut down on the glare, but it was hard to use the phone. then i found out they were recalled because they sucked. so i took it back.

20. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Exactly. Well said!

21. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Wow and it hasn't peeled off yet? Howlong have you had your Droid? I usually try to keep that plastic on my phones as long as possible. Most of the time it lasts about a week. I took the plastic off theDroid right away to see the display. I bought a screen protector but never put it on. After seeing the key scratch test video and reading this thread I'm going to return it.