1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone using VZW Samsung Stratosphere?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Nov 21, 2011.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Curious as to how the keyboard is. I would like to go back to a real keyboard. That alone limits your choices drastically. I would like to remain with Samsung. I certainly don't trust anything Motorola puts out.

EQBob

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I know this was posted a few weeks ago, but I just got this for my daughter. LOVES it! Keyboard is amazing. It is free at Best Buy and Radio Shack. Almost got one for me as well! (But, my OG is rooted and running well...I have been eligible for upgrade since July!)

Did you decide to get it?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Not yet. The reviews basically say it is last year's equipment but performs well. Since my wife used my upgrde to get her a new phone, turns out I have to wait longer. Which is ok. I love my fascinate, I just suck at the typing on it aspect. I can't seem to ever get the hang of swyping and have so many wrong words in there that you can't get out. The voice recording is nice, as long as you don't want to write more than one sentence. As soon as you pause, it clicks off. Haven't ever figured out how to do more than one sentence. No user guide to look at that I can find. so I type...poorly.

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Dislike the native touch keyboard on her phone (due to the auto-correction). She likes it, though, so I wont touch it. She types faster with the "hard" keyboard, as it is set up the same as the EnV2 she had.

Running 2.3.4 (I think ), but definitely Gingerbread. Bari hates GB and wants her Froyo back, but Rachel never had Froyo, so she is happy.

I wanted to root it just to debloat and get rid of ads. She wont let me. I rooted my tablet for same reason, but got fed up with screen not rotating in too many apps. Told Rae that she can rotate screen by using a different launcher, but I am actually happy she "agreed" to Android at all!

I am still holding on to my upgrade. Richard was eligible 2 years ago, and so was Michael. Richard refuses, and Michael doesn't even use the phone he has, except for emergencies, if he remembers to take it!

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    I always type faster with a hard keyboard as well. Better too!
    I couldn't tell you any significant differences between GB and Froyo for how a phone (or my phone at least) operates, so I don't even worry about all this custom stuff. And honestly, I have no time for rooting. Work is taking 16-20 hours per day and that doesn't leave a whole lot of time for other, more playful pursuits. When I do have that time, the wife and "kids" come first--not a phone <G>