1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

App broken, working on getting a fix

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and Help' started by chris, Jul 13, 2013.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

With the new forum update, it appears the app is not working properly (actually, it's not working at all).

Two things:
    • I'm working on a fix for the current app
    • I'm working an an update to that app

2. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    If someone needs a working version, just send me a PM. I can send you a link to the .apk for what appears to be a working version. It shouldn't be working, but it does.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Okay, the existing app works now. The upgraded app is in the works. If you would like to test it, send me a PM.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Everything Android

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    As you said the existing app seems to be working fine. Any new features that make the upgraded one a must-have?

6. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    What app are you referring to?

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    The everythingAndroid app, no?

Look at the name of this forum:
    Everything Android App Support

8. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Yes, it's been a while since the last update. PM me and I'll send you the link. You need to be sure you can install apps from other sources.

9. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Still use Tapatalk, which I believe you told me is the same as your app....Amy differences?

Sent from my XT912 using Tapatalk 2

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I like the new version. Clean, fast. Tabs at the top are convenient...

Nice job.

11. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    A couple of things I have noticed:
    1) I now get the typical email notification from the website I opted for. I am also seeing a notification on my status bar from the new app. I don't recall seeing that before. I have to dig into settings and see if it is an option..
    2) When I click on the notification in the Status Bar it takes me to the thread, but to the beginning of the thread, not the message I am being notified has been posted. By design? I do like the way the website brings you to the most recent post when you click on a forum with new posts.
    3) I selected the Dark Mode and I like the look.

I will be playing more as time allows. I really didn't use the old app much so I don't have a lot to compare app to app.