1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

App

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Alkali, Jan 31, 2012.

1. Alkali

Bronze

Dec 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

Hi friends
    I purchased the new Samsung Galaxy Nexus and wanted to transfer my Apps from the Market but I saw only 12 out of 60. How do I see all my Applications from the Market? I logged in to the market with my account details.
    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Everything Android

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Are all the apps you are looking for compatible with the Galaxy Nexus and it's OS version?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    The apps you are seeing listed in the market are the ones that you purchased probably. The others, you will have to download and install again.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I guess I should have asked a question or two....
    1) Where are you seeing the apps you speak of? In The Market, but on a PC, handheld or tablet?
    2) What link do you go to in order to see them?
    3) If you are on a PC and went to My Library - Apps, could it be you are seeing only page 1 of___? I just checked and all of my apps appear (all non-paid), but there are multiple pages. Each page displays 12. Not sure if that is user adjustable either.

6. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Free apps aren't flagged since they're free.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

7. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    That is why I have all my apps saved to my sd card. When it comes to that time, I won't have to hunt up all of my free apps.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Can you explain what that means, that free apps aren't "flagged"?

9. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    On a device where you've yet installed such apps, those that you've bought in the past are flagged as "purchased" in the Market app. Free apps that you've installed to previous devices haven't any labels/metadata to remind you that you've installed it elsewhere.

Sent from my mobilephone using Tapatalk

10. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I must be a bit dense today. When I look in the Market using my PC I do see all the apps I have installed on my handheld in a list within my profile. I have not used the PC to install any. All were done OTA. If I get a new device and go to view my account in the Market will I not see that history to know what I had installed?

Why do I see them or is that not what you are referencing?

Sorry if I am not getting it yet....

11. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    The best way to explain it is that it is technology. Back in June, when my device bricked after the Gingerbread update, and I received my replacement, some of my free apps transferred through my market account. I had to go through, and find the ones that didn't. It is kind of a crapshoot. Even if they show on your PC.

Sent from my Xoom using Everything Android

12. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Okay, thanks Darren. I was really looking at it as a way to know what I had installed. The discussion is actually about having them install automatically?

I am not terribly bothered by having to search for the apps and then reinstall. I just want to make sure I have a list of what I had so I can make sure I get them all. Maybe that's the newbie in me.....

13. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    For me, it wasn't the thought of having to do it, it is just with my schedule, it can be time intensive.

14. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Well to be fair I have never been a heavy user of quantities of apps. I use a handful frequently and test out a few here and there.

Since I have been a BB user for the past three plus years I am used to being abused and not having that many apps to choose from.

I will say that I have installed more apps in the last month than I did in the previous year on the BB so perhaps this will become more important to me when I have to reconstruct.

Time will tell......

15. dgray636

Bronze

Aug 22, 2010
    Could be that there at least 10 times the apps for android than for BB.

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

16. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I am going to guess it is a great deal more than ten times more....

17. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    This is only obvious when you switch phones, when you log on to your account it will only show your purchased apps and not free you had installed on your previous phone... Make sense?

18. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    I pushed up my LCD density setting and now many apps list as not compatible or don't list at all. Fortunately though I can use my tablet to install the app, backup an APK from it and transfer it to the phone. Many if all actually work. Guess a lot of devs simply did not expect the customize-ability of Android to result in tweaked display settings.