1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Apps fail to install from Google Market and Amazon App Store

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tymangin, Jul 29, 2011.

1. tymangin

tymangin New Member

Jul 29, 2011

Sponsored Ad

Issue: Apps fail to install from Google Market and Amazon App Store. Installation Error: Package File is invalid file. I have plenty internal memory (110 MB) and SD storage space available (17 GB). I have searched Google many times and tried the following and keep getting this error.

· Goto Settings, Applications, App (Market or Amazaon store), clear cache. Then try download.

· Use My Backup Pro, MyToolBox – Wipe Cache

· Use App Organizer, Clear App Cache

· Reboot to RECOVERY, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, reboot and try download again

· Use Root Explorer, goto the /Cache/Dalvik Cache folder and delete the files related to application. Then delete the apk file from /system/app folder. Then try download and installation again.

· Restore to factory settings and reinstalled all applications and eventually get the same error again.

Can you please help me fix this issue my Android phone?
    Phone Specs: Rooted (Spring Lovers ROM) HTC EVO 4G. Remaining Internal ROM: 110 MB. Most apps moved to SD card via APPS2SD application.

· Current version of Sprint Android Firmware: 2.2

· Baseband Version: 2.15.00.11.19

· Kernel Version: 2.6.32.17-gee557fd

· Build Number: 3.70.651.1

· Browser Version: WebKit 3.1

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    I don't use the same ROM as you, but Google Market doesn't work with my ROM either. (Don't think it works with any alternate ROM...) I had to install GAPPS with mine. Available on ROM Manager...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. tymangin

tymangin New Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Just wanted to mention that I have installed 100+ apps from Google Market and Amazon App Store, it eventually stops working and throws the error mentioned earlier. Does something need to be reset to get this working again?

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    So the market works, but only occasionally?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    Are you running google and amazon market from the SD card? Move them back on to the phone, clear their app cache and then try.

I love that phones are now going to 1GB+ of internal app RAM and 512MB+ of run RAM.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk