1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Apps

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by druwils, Nov 14, 2010.

1. druwils

druwils New Member

Oct 30, 2010

Sponsored Ad

How come some apps never completely download. For example the update for "maps" has never fully down loaded the update. Everytime I go to the market it starts the same process over and over again. Am I doing something wrong?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

2. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Make sure your data connection is strong or try wifi....

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    For me the Market has been wonky, and its happened to me a bit.

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Can try the AppBrain Market...Fast install with sends app directly to phone...

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    If you run a custom rom, or atleast the one I have had, Fast Install no workie :(

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Running Cyanogen...Haven't tried it yet...BRB!

8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Works...Droid Does (again!)

9. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Try going into applications from the settings and uninstall updates and clear cache. Most times this will fix your issue.
    Let us know how things turn out.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Sherri what phone do you have?

11. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Original Motorola Droid!

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

12. ch3mi0n

ch3mi0n New Member

Nov 13, 2010
    This issue is typically caused by low system memory (which us why, as one poster mentioned, clearing cache and data can help).

To sherri, I think you misunderstand how the AppBrain Fast Web Installer works. It doesn't "send" apps to your phone. It uses what's called "push" send a small data packet to your phone, which Android will read and see it belongs to Fast Web Installer and pass it to that app, who then reads the data which tells it to start a market download automatically. So, having this app does not and cannot resolve the OP's issue, because it's only automating the exact process of him/her going to the market and trying to download something. They will just run into the same never-ending download issue either way.

Clear cache and clear app data and uninstall apps you don't use or need anymore to free up system memory to resolve this issue.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Everything Android App

13. druwils

druwils New Member

Oct 30, 2010

Thanks. Followed what you said and now all my apps are updated. Appreciate the help.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Everything Android App

14. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Your welcome and I am glad I could help.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Everything Android App