1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

AT&T Galaxy Nexus

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Beemer

Beemer New Member

Sep 26, 2011

Sponsored Ad

I walked by the local Bell store and they are selling the Galaxy Nexus this morning. $159 for a 3 year commitment and $649 outright. I hate how Canadian providers try to lock you into 3 year plans. Who keeps a phone for 3 years???

2. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    i agree that's wack. 3 years is too long. but that nexus is the at the top of the food chain.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. sambhavna

sambhavna Guest

Sprint will bring out the first Nexus, AT & T did not get the sponsorship yet. Samsung is trying to increase the price and sell away the handsets in US.
    Since Lumia is also sponsored by Sprint, so they are looking to move ahead by the remarkable performance and sales of the Nokia Lumia.
    Samsung is not doing well in the US and India, so they are trying to walk on the footprints of Nokia Lumia

5. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010
    FYI. The 3yrs contract is for price and service. The subsidy is normally renewable at 2yrs. Renewals push your contract terms out 3yrs from the renewal date versus padding it 3yrs from your contract termination date (yeah, the latter would suck big time).

I make a point of upgrading as soon as I can since I've no plans on changing carriers. In the last 6yrs on my contract date I've flipped 3 smartphones at full subsidy :)

I flipped the last upgrade to the iPhone4 and sold it as Rogers wasn't carrying any of the nice HTCs at the time. Everyone harps about Android putting out a new phone every month but in Canada I don't see what I consider to be a generational upgrade shorter than 9 months and as bad as 15 months.

Also I'd have to admit that the iPhone is great as a quick flip and for resale value. Plus I get a kick out of using Apple-pending income to finance my Android habit.

6. iP5

iP5
    Bronze

Oct 23, 2010

quote="sambhavna, post: 18702, member: 135025" Sprint will bring out the first Nexus, AT & T did not get the sponsorship yet. Samsung is trying to increase the price and sell away the handsets in US.
    Since Lumia is also sponsored by Sprint, so they are looking to move ahead by the remarkable performance and sales of the Nokia Lumia.
    Samsung is not doing well in the US and India, so they are trying to walk on the footprints of Nokia Lumia /quote

So glad we have an ignore function. Just wanted to capture your last post for posterity. Bye :)

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Are you serious?

8. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    He still can't get over no ICS for his device from the Evil Empire at Samsung...