1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

AT&T Galaxy S II vs Galaxy S II Skyrocket FIGHT!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Nov 26, 2011.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

I've done a ton of research on these phones and couldn't decide on one. The Skyrocket supports LTE (which I don't have in Long Island) and has the bigger display. I've heard the S II has the better processor, despite it being 1.2 Ghz vs 1.5 Ghz.

Which one did you choose and why? Or did you simply decide to wait it out for the Galaxy Nexus?

2. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    if lte is non-issue for ya. then i would go for the one that comes with the samsung exynos processor. iv'e herd that the faster qualcomm processors that some are using aren't really faster and consume more batt. so i would go with the phone that more samsung in it. i.e. processor,os overlay tw 4.0 if possible. battery life on my sprint GS2 is totally awesome. and i haven't had a need to root. due to the fact that the touchwiz overlay is really awesome.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. ZR_Yancy

ZR_Yancy New Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I went the Skyrocket for the larger screen and LTE capability. I installed Go Launcher from the marketplace and like it a lot. Animated weather is pretty cool.

uploadfromtaptalk1322779636764.png

uploadfromtaptalk1322779660175.png

5. rom x

Bronze

Jun 27, 2011
    looking good:)

6. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    That's a sweet launcher. I'm going to have to check that out. I usually use Launcher Pro.

7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Everyone tells me that Launcher Pro and Launcher Pro Plus isn't open source, but if you look at GO Launcher (which I use and love....) it looks extremely similar to LP. I find it more cutomizanle than LP, and with GO Locker, the phone looks completely different. All free. Tons of themes.