1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

AT&T question

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by rude boy, Jun 12, 2014.

1. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014

Sponsored Ad

always had Apple devices (except for 3 months) so in the event of issues Apple has always been very easy to work with and replaced several devices. I do remember I exchanged the One X once at a AT&T service center downtown. (just purchased the $7 per/mo insurance) but not clear how they handle if there is a technical issue. device has been getting "hot" during normal use, just would like to hear you guys' experiences.

thanks!

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Could the heat be related to being in a marginal reception area? Background apps like Twitter, Facebook, weather, etc?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    not quite sure... funny fact, didn't realize it till today, Moto X has no weather app (which is fine by me..) anyway, i went back to AT&T, no questions asked they exchanged it.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Too soon to know if the heat symptom is the same or improved?

Do you see any weather widgets available in the Applications Manager?

6. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Verizon no longer "stocks" refurbs, so if you are over the 30 days, phone needs to be sent back. They don't charge if you have the insurance. Under 30 days, they usually hand you a new phone for replacement. I like that AT&T gave you a new one, no questions asked..

7. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    this one seems to be better, heat wise.. not looking for weather apps/widgets, I have windows to look outside and see the weather, or sometimes I go outside and feel how the weather is ;}

Sent from my XT1058 using Everything Android mobile app

8. rude boy

Bronze

May 25, 2014
    I see it during work, people do not respond well to the prospect of not having there phone, I feel the same way, undecided if I'll go test my luck again (see other post)

Sent from my XT1058 using Everything Android mobile app