1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Atrix MMI code

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Andjunkie, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Andjunkie

Andjunkie New Member

Apr 18, 2013

Sponsored Ad

I have a motorolla atrix running android version 2.3.5 and I have a problem. Everytime I try to run a MMI code, say *100# , my phone calls it like I'm dialing a regular number. It doesn't run the code so a menu or something pops up, it just calls it. Anyone know how to fix this?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Have you had the problem with only this phone? Were you able to use codes with a previous Android phone?

Are you sure your provider supports the codes you are trying to use? What is the *100# supposed to do, check your balance or something?

Try *+100#

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Andjunkie

Andjunkie New Member

Apr 18, 2013
    Yes, I had a samsung galaxy gio before this and no problems on that. I've taken my sim out and checked on other phones including a nokia, a htc wildfire and a samsung galaxy Y. The code works on them so I'm sure there's nothing wrong with that. *100# along with checking my balance also lets me do other things, like setting up internet on my phone, or subscribing to packages among other things. Its basically an accessway to all the services provided by my telecom company.

I also tried with other sim cards from different service providers in my phone to make sure it wasn't just an incompatibility problem between my phone and this particular provider, but same results.

I tried *+100# as well. Same result, my phone called it.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    May be a limitation of that particular version of the Android OS. Any upgrade or downgrade available to you?

6. Andjunkie

Andjunkie New Member

Apr 18, 2013
    No upgrades, not sure if it's advisable to downgrade my phone? Will rooting it help?

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Sorry, no idea about rooting helping.

From what I have been seeing this MMI issue has existed since the first Android OS and is still happening. It almost seems Google has no idea what is causing it nor how to fix it. They appear to be strangely mute about it.

Did you try the "+" suggestion in post #2?