1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio keep playing but the video stops and the image is frozen in recorded videos

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by drive88mph, Jan 13, 2015.

1. drive88mph

drive88mph New Member

Jan 13, 2015

Sponsored Ad

Didnt notice that every video I record after my last update , can only record audio and video the first minute or less and then for some reason playback stops but you can still listen to audio. This has happened to all my recorded videos.

Read somewhere on the internet that you have to delete DATA and clear CACHE on the Camera app, same results. ANyone else has run in the same problem??Any fix?

2. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    I have not recorded video so I can't offer anything about the same issue. I take it you were able to play more than a minute prior to the last update? Was that the update to 4.4.4?

Can you play back full videos you did not record?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. drive88mph

drive88mph New Member

Jan 13, 2015
    It was a Samsung firmware update on 4.4.2

I fixed the issue by Factory Restore, it happened that in that update i didnt wipe or anything so maybe i was carrying some bad scripts or errors during the process.

Thanks!!

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Glad you got it worked out. I wonder if the 4.4.4 update would have fixed it or if you will have the same problem...

6. drive88mph

drive88mph New Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Im a little afraid on updating firmware not fully authorized for my Model. I got a SM-G900H and was looking at the updates in sammobile page and i didnt see antyhing above 4.4.2. Would you recommend me to update or should I wait for the Lollipop firmware?

7. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Personally I would wait, but I am not one that wants to try the latest and greatest until offered to me. That usually means it has been tested and approved. Samsung and the providers have just been recently sending the 4.4.4 update so you may still see that before 5.0 Lollipop.

Another member just got the 4.4.4 update on his Verizon Samsung Note 3 a day or two ago.

• Like Like x 1
  8. drive88mph

drive88mph New Member

Jan 13, 2015
    Thanks!

9. nilofar shaikh

Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Thanks for the nice information my friends..