1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Audio to BT headset?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by BigTK, Oct 22, 2010.

1. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007

Sponsored Ad

How do I send audio to my Q1 headset on this thing? Calls work fine I just can't get audio from flash video specifically to go to the headset

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android App

2. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    I just had to update firmware on the headset and all is well... just in case you were wondering.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I WAS wondering. Headsets have firmware that can be updated?

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

5. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007
    The Q1 from Blueant and a few other models from them as well. I'm sure there are other manufacturers too.

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    The Q1 is a Motorola phone! Oh wait. Wrong forum.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

7. BigTK

Bronze

Jun 12, 2007

Wrong forum, same old crowd :dft009:smile This is the headset, just in case you really didn't know what headset I was referring to. http://www.myblueant.com/q1/

8. reesie22

reesie22 New Member

May 10, 2011
    I need a headset cord adapter to make the cord go from 2.5 millimeter to 3.5 millimeter, so it will plug into my droid x, and can't find 1 anywhere. I only have a headset. It has a 2.5 millimeter pin on it and I need it to be a 3.5 millimeter pin. Have looked at radio shack best buy walmart target compusa office depot and amazon.com and every other website I can find. I've ordered some but when they arrived they did not have enough lines on the pins therefore I could hear people on my calls but they could not hear me. Can someone tell me where to get this cord adapter?

9. reesie22

reesie22 New Member

May 10, 2011
    That should have said I already have a headset Not I only have a headset. Actually I've bought about 6 headsets trying to find 1 that will fit my blackberry curve and now my droid x

10. reesie22

reesie22 New Member

May 10, 2011
    I'm sorry for multiple posts. Forgive me I am a new user. I forgot to explain that I cannot use a wireless headset. Already tried that had a blue ant. It screwed up my laptop. So I cannot use it. I have to talk on the phone all day and use a laptop for my job. All of the Good headsets I've been able to find that sound good on my end and on their end have a 2.5 millimeter pin.

11. reesie22

reesie22 New Member

May 10, 2011
    I have verizon droid x. I've just read for visual voicemail but could never see how much it cost. It was asking me to agree that I would pay

Sent from my DROIDX using Everything Android

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Wait, why cant you use a BT Headset? Is it supposed to be hooked up to your laptop AND phone at the same time?

13. reesie22

reesie22 New Member

May 10, 2011
    My bluetooth headset caused problems with my laptop. It kept me from being able to connect to my wireless internet. I'm on conference calls using my laptop all the time and I've been told I sound terrible when I used a bluetooth headset. I am told that I sound better when I use a headset with the wire that hooks to my phone. I've bought several good headsets with good quality microphone so that I will sound good on the call so my boss will stop getting mad at me. But all of those headsets end in a 2.5 millimeter pin. That's why I'm looking for the adapter that makes it go from a 2.5 millimeter to a 3.5 mm pin because the droid takes a 3.5 millimeter. I've ordered several of those adapters but when they arrive and I plug them and because they don't have enough lines on the pin, they don't pick up my voice so nobody can hear me on conference calls. Thanks for your help

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    So you need a wired headset for your PHONE because bluetooth sounds bad on the LAPTOP? And it doesnt sound any better when using bluetooth on the phone? Am I missing something?
    How do you connect your headset to your laptop and use your phone to make the call? Thats probably why it sounds like crap. Directly connecting a BT Headset to your phone and making calls doesnt sound any better? I use a plantronics BT Headset and some people cant tell I am on a BT Headset.

Rather than trying to find an adapter (the eA store doesnt seem to have one) why not find a wired headset that is 3.5mm, thats pretty much standard now a days for phones.

I have this one (althought I cant seem to find it) http://store.everythingandroid.org/htc-stereo-headset-with-remote-controller/11A29A7399.htm
    Does something like that work?

15. reesie22

reesie22 New Member

May 10, 2011
    I don't connect my bluetooth headset to the laptop because it is wireless. it is defined to my phone so when it is turned on and I'm near my phone, my phone knows that and allows me to choose to connect to it. when I've done that the wireless from the bluetooth interfered with the wireless internet to my laptop so I had to stop using the bluetooth wireless headset. Since then I've bought several good quality headsets with good quality microphones on them (that's the key) and every one of them has a 2.5 millimeter pin on it. the other headsets that don't have a good quality microphone but are made more for just listening to music than for being heard (like the one u were nice enough to share) do you have to 3.5 millimeter pin, but I cannot use those. so what I need is a high quality a headset with high quality microphone that has a 3.5 millimeter pin. or even better, to save me money, I just need an adapter that turns a 2.5 millimeter pin into a 3.5 millimeter pin because I've spent money on several good quality headsets that have 2.5 millimeter pins. thanks for trying to help me it. doesn't seem right anybody knows what I'm looking for.

16. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007