1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Battery Charging Issues

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by n99hockey, Nov 6, 2010.

1. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007

Sponsored Ad

So my wfies phone all of a sudden is having charging issues.

Basically the phone shows 20% battery life, so she plugs it in, and 5 minutes later is shows it fully charged. So she goes to unplug it and after 10 seconds of it showing that its fully charged, it drops to like 30%.

I have rebooted, done a battery pull, and charged it while its off, and after each it still does the same thing.

Any thoughts?

2. mike250rs

Bronze

Nov 24, 2007
    Will they give you a different battery to try? Put your mod power to good use
    :p
    Sent from my PC36100 using Everything Android App

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I havent tried a new battery yet, it just started this evening.
    Somehow I dont think my Mod Powers work outside of this forum, I am not even sure if they work HERE :p

5. mike250rs

Bronze

Nov 24, 2007
    Can always flog a noob :)

I would guess unless some app is causing the false battery reading then it is going to poo

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Dont think its an app, hasnt installed anything in a while.
    Probably a bad battery, sucks, the damn thing is only 1 month old or so. Will they give a new battery if its dead already?

7. mike250rs

Bronze

Nov 24, 2007
    I would hope.... they can claim of under the manufacturer warranty hopefully

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Maybe we shall head to a VZW store tomorrow and see what they can do.

9. wafwot

wafwot New Member

Nov 15, 2010
    I was having a similar issue with my phone. I bought a few cheap micro USB chargers and would get the problem you described. I looked on eBay and found OEM Samsung chargers and the problem only happens when I use those cheap chargers. I think the phone is very sensitive to chargers that aren't the same milliamp output as an original.

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    You are exactly correct. I meant to post this the other day. She somehow got a hold of my BT Headset charger and was using that, and as soon as I plugged her phone in to my phones charger, it fully charged.

Go figure. So remember kids, always use RIGHT charger!

11. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Rachel stole one of my chargers because her iPod doesn't come with the ac part....!

12. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Yea, you have to buy that separately. DUMB!

13. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Yup. iDon't?

14. stonejhonson

stonejhonson Guest

The battery charging problem is very common in every phone. In this post you have written that when u charge the battery it completely full but after removing the charger sometime later it is 20%. So in case of this type of problem You have to change your battery.

15. wafwot

wafwot New Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Not true. The battery is fine. If you read the previous posts you'd learn that the problem is in the charger, not the battery. Once I (and others) changed to an original Samsung charger or from a micro USB cable from a laptop, the problem ended. It has to do with how the phone handles the different milliamp output of a non-OEM charger.

16. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Read the comments about third party chargers on Amazon. The amperage has to be as high as the stock charger or it won't work

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.