1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Battery Damage? Water Damage?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Milk With Pulp, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Milk With Pulp

Milk With Pulp New Member

Dec 20, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I was apparently drunk as hell last night, woke up my friend had my phone and took pictures of me and used QIK from my phone later on in the night, my phone died and hasn't turned on.. The phone was not wet, I opened the battery door to figure out if it has water damage, if the sticker is white on the battery and the little circle and has RED + is it damaged? I have no idea and if it is somebody owes me a damn phone. I had left it on a table. Woke up have it plugged it and it won't turn on. SIGH

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    My Droids sticker in the little hole is white with red X's on it. It has never been wet.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. TheMadJester

Bronze

Jul 14, 2009
    if you can clearly see the "+" or "X" and they are clearly defined then it's not moisture damaged. if it were the "+" or "X" would be smudged or blurry or all you would see is a red smear.

5. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Wow I hope your Droid is ok. Did you at least get some good or funny vids? I have gotten a phone just a little wet before. The indicator wasn't smudged or wet at all.At first the keys wouldn't work. I turned it off and it wouldn't turn back on. I took the battery out and let it air dry for a few hours. It worked fine after that. I have also had just the battery get either water/heat damaged. Im not sure what happened but one day I realized that the battery door was popping out. The reason was the battery was warped. It would hold a small charge then die.

My sticker is also white with red lettering. Does it look like there is any physical damage to the battery? Hopefully you have insurance. Replacement battery is going for $35 on amazon. This might be cheaper than the deductible if you have one. At least you would have a spare battery.

6. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I would like an update. What happend ? Inquireing minds would like to know. :dft011:tounge_out

7. tj!2k6

Bronze

Aug 7, 2006
    [​IMG]

:dft011:tounge_out

Seriously though, I hope you got it sorted out...