1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Battery Door

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by manic, Nov 15, 2009.

1. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I lost my battey door today. I had my Droid in my pocket and was taking it out fairly often. I then all of a sudden noticed the battery door was gone! I checked everywhere my pocket, the floor, evrywhere. I finally came to terms that it is gone. I'm very bummed to say the least. I did a check online and found I'm not the first with this problem. Motorola's site offers replacements for 10 bucks but are out of stock. I checked verizon and amazon and couldn't find one. Can someone help? Where can I get a new door asap?

2. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    that sucks man :016:upset
    It sounds like its a problem. I have been on forums constantly since this phone came out. I am getting an early upgrade at one year for the Droid. Verizon is to call me at noon tomorrow so I can order. They say I should have it on the 18th.

4 more days !!!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Yeah it really does. I'm still really bummed about it. Its the only problem I've really had. I totally LOVE this phone. The weird thing is I want MY Droids cover not a replacement. It just won't be the same :016:upset. You're gonna love this phone too I'm sure of it. I do suggest to get a case for it though with the door issue. I'm going to get one next week after I get paid.

5. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    #4 gnath9, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  6. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I bought it at Best Buy so I don't think that will work. I am calling Verizon in the morning to see what they can do for me. I am a new customer and am still in my first 30 days so maybe I can use that to my advantage.

7. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    Best buy don't like unhappy customers either. Maybe try there first. Never hurts to try.

3 more days !!!

8. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Yeah that's true. I also bought a protection plan from them maybe its covered. If it is though I hope its not a one time deal. Id really hate to waste it on something so stupid like a battery door.

9. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    I've seen this problem reported on several forums. I haven't had the problem and it seems like the battery cover is magnetized.....is there a batch out there that doesn't have the magnetized door?

10. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

Well I think I remember metal strips on the back of the door. Even if it was magnetized it still came off. If merchants are out of stock already this must be a problem. I will be buying a cover for sure now

11. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Problem solved. Called 611 having a free replacement shipped to me. Should get it by Tuesday

12. DroidRobot12

Bronze

Nov 13, 2009
    Keep an eye out on that one ;)