1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Battery life improvements (beta)

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Weapondrift, May 20, 2010.

1. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008

Sponsored Ad

I saw this on another site so im gonna give it a try. To improve battery life: settings>wireless&networks>mobile networks>Enable always-on data>uncheck

what this does is disable your 3g network, supposedly you wont be able to recieve gmail or any push mails however as the title says Im going to run this throughout the week and see what my results are. If anyone else would like to test this out feel free and post here if you see any difference in your phone.

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    i would have to agree that this probably saves battery as its eliminating emails and all data access restricting lots of programs so yea probably does work

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    Well that's the thing, I'm still receiving email,fb and Twitter responses with this disabled as I was before.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Really? So is it just slower?

6. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I have noticed I am not receiving emails as quick, so in regards yes just a little. However I still have my 3g icon

7. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    But didn't you say you turned 3g off?

8. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    yes, so as I said im gonna continue looking into this during the week and post updates as I find them :)

9. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

May 13, 2007
    Any update on how this panned out? Did you leave that option unchecked or did you turn it back on? I've seen this mentioned before but didn't know if it really worked or not...

10. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I unchecked it, but honestly didnt see improvements untill i bump charged

Beta

11. jknight4200

jknight4200 New Member

May 13, 2007
    I also bump charge, almost daily. When I first started doing it a few weeks ago it really seemed to help. Now, not so much... :(

Do you have the Seidio 1750 extended? I keep reading/hearing mixed reviews. Some (like n99hockey) say they do notice about 30% more batt life.. others say they do not. I'm going to get it anyway b/c I don't want to add any bulk to the device I just hope it really adds more life to my battery

12. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I never upgraded my battery but i know scott and i had the same question with bump charging...how many times should you do it?

Beta