1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by hfde25b, May 10, 2010.

1. hfde25b

hfde25b New Member

May 9, 2010

Sponsored Ad

How does everyone feel about the battery life? I love this phone. My only concerns are that the battery life sucks. Also it seems like the signal bars aren't as strong as my other phone.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    What I've found is if you let the battery die a couple of times, 3-4 for me and overcharged it the battery learns and is able to keep a decent charge.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. hfde25b

hfde25b New Member

May 9, 2010
    Thanks for the response. I'll try that.

5. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    no problem :)

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    yup i found the samething to be true
    been getting pretty good battery life since ive done this

7. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    All lithuim batterys need to be calibrated. Its not that the battery lasts longer it just calibrates the gauge to display a true reading. This info was in the manual for my Droid.

8. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    used my phone as a GPS Navigation and a GPS on the golf course today...quite a few calls/texts/emails and i have 50% left

9. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    What golf app did you use ?

10. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    its a secret :)
    i am going to write a review for it, so stay tuned!

11. bass_lover1

bass_lover1 New Member

Nov 17, 2009
    I'm sure you know, but for others that may not. It's not a good idea to make a habit of this, lithium batteries work best when kept above a 30-40% charge. I agree that they do need to be calibrated but 1-2 times is plenty, then maybe again a few months down the road. Whenever possible try to keep the charge above 50%, your battery will thank you for it.

12. gnath9

Silver

Feb 10, 2009
    I knew that but failed to mention ... thanks for posting

13. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Battery life is always defined in charge/discharge cycles. I figure that means it's best to plug it in when you can.

14. aceofrazgriz

aceofrazgriz New Member

Apr 22, 2007
    this can be detrimental in the long run. Charging the battery "when you can" could end up shortening its charge and lifetime, just the same as with a laptop battery. In this essence, i've had a laptop for 3 years, and i still get 90% of the battery life that i did when it was brand new, my mother on the other hand, who charged hers whenever she could, was down to 20min of charge in under a year and a half. Lithium Ion batteries are a beast of their own, and you much train and take good care of them to get their worth out. I cycled and "taught" my battery during the first week, letting it die and fully charge a few times. As of now, its running pretty darn well for such a powerful device.