1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Buy DROID Pre-Order

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by chris, Oct 29, 2009.

1. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006

Sponsored Ad

Best Buy is offering a pre-order on the DROID. No mail-in rebate required, $199 out the door.

I did this with the BlackBerry Storm. For the most part it worked well. The Best Buy CSR was a bit of a pain. I asked him not to crack the seal (for unboxing video purposes). He thought I was buying the Storm to resell it. Yeah, I'm buying an on-contract Verizon Storm to resell it. That would be a good business move.:dft007:angry

2. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so are you getting one of these?

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Still trying to get a review unit. Was told I was "on the list". Been told that before by other companies. There is the list, the other list and that other, other list. I'm not the list, but hoping that I might make the other list.

Just invested big time in software for the sites, so not looking to take on a third contract. I've got both AT&T and Sprint contracts right now. I cannot add a third contract -- just not in my budget.

5. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    good luck!
    i hope you are on that second list and look forward to a EA.org review:dft010:big_smile

6. Frunobulax

Frunobulax New Member

Oct 14, 2009
    Come on, now - you're a big-time site owner with money coming out the wazoo! :dft012:wink

7. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    Are you causing trouble already? Careful, I might banish you to this place.

#6 chris, Oct 30, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  8. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Chris, I just came from the Best Buy on Rte. 110 (I know you are local, so you know what that means!):dft012:wink

The people there said "corporate hasn't put a price on the phone yet, but they will 'price match' Verizon"

I have a NE2 $100 credit from VZW. If I go online and order this phone, $299.00 (VZW's price, I believe)...they give the instant rebate of $100, plus the NE2 discount, so all I pay is $99.00...How would this work in Best Buy? Salesman was clueless...(which I am used to, dealing witht he VZW reps...)

9. Neutrino

Bronze

Sep 30, 2009
  10. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    My NE2 was "due" last December, which was before they cut the amount down. They will still honor the $100.00

I think my best best will be to purchase it on-line as well. (The only reason I know they will honor the $100 NE2 is because when I log into my Verizon account, it tells me I have an upgrade available. I was originally looking at the Imagio, but I prefer a "real" keyboard. When I looked at the price for the Imagio, it said $299.99 Less $100 instant rebate Less $100 Upgrade credit: Your Price $99.99....I am assuming this will be the same for the Droid...) It seems to be for all the current phones listed.

And they tease me at www.everythingwm.com for still having WM5! (I knew if I held out long enough, I would find something I liked!) :dft009:smile

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    the droid at bestbuy is straight up out the door 199
    no rebates or NE2 credits

it appears as though VZW is giving out the rebates on a visa debit card...so keep that in mind also...you wont get a check in the mail

i think you should get the droid...step up to the newest of the new :dft010:big_smile

12. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Will probably order this Friday night on the web...Salesman at Best Buy says he will honor the NE2, but seemed clueless, so I figure I can wait a few days to get it in the mail...

13. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    so wait
    which are you getting?

14. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Wait for it, Scott...I am leaving my beloved WM5 for the Droid (assuming it is available) on Friday. I am OLD! The screen on the Q (while the Q works beautifully for what I use it for) is just too small for these old eyes!:016:upset

Will give me something else to write about elsewhere!:dft012:wink

15. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    thats great!!
    congrats on your new purchase

looking forward to hearing your reviews on it (for when i possibly take the jump to the android OS)

16. Quie

Quie New Member

Jun 29, 2006
    I preordered my Droid from Best Buy

I hardly can wait for Friday to get here as I did the pre-order thing at Best Buy for my new Motorola Droid. I used to be with the Q phone and then moved to the HTC Touch Pro. Now, ready for something new and different and I expect the Droid phone to be a great move. I will let you guys know how I like the phone after I get a chance to play with it for a few days.

17. chris

Administrator

Jun 1, 2006
    That's a big move. I've heard the screen on the DROID is amazing. You have to let us know how you make out Friday. Curious to hear your opinions going from Windows Mobile 5 to Android 2.0.

18. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    No Joke! I never upgraded to the Q9c series because I liked the keyboard on the Q better. Do not like the BB Curve (too similar to Q9c in my opinion), and seriously dislike the Storm (I can not, for the life of me, type on that thing!)

Totally nervous, but for the past 3 years, what I have used the Q for, it seems like the Droid will do it all, and better (music/photos/e-mail/calendar). Also getting a "GPS" unit certainly can't hurt! Along with the extra storage (yeah! finally can put more songs on there! Only have a 2MB card now....never "hacked" the Q at all...)

So...let's hope I can get this on line Friday night!

(Chris, you wanna borrow it? I'm around the corner!):dft009:smile

19. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    2 things...
    1. Always wanted to know when you buy a phone at best buy could you just walk over to verizon and have them put the service on the phone?

2. Is the pricing really only 200 dollars? since you dont have the upgrades and such? verizon tells me retail pricing is like close to 600 bucks.

Thanks,

Joe

20. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    if its a vzw phone yes

i think you need to be eligible for the upgrade

21. dragonfly

Bronze

Mar 27, 2007
    damn ill have to try to find a work around thanks scott.