1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Cases? HONEST PERSONAL REVIEWS!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by MattTren, Nov 23, 2009.

1. MattTren

MattTren New Member

Sep 5, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I'm just curious what everybody things of cases for the Droid? Please don't forward me a link to some website review. I want honest personal reviews. I had the one from Verizon Wireless store but it was just too damn big. I am thinking of getting a Jelly type case what you all think?

2. jim9112

jim9112 New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    I have one of the blue plastic clip on face plate/ back plate cases. It works well to protect but def adds bulk. also the front plate doesnt seem to clip on really tight/ doesnt fall off but flexes a lot when i open/close it. Its one of the verizon branded packages they sell at the store

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I got the clear plastic verizon one but took t off already as I didn't like it, I'm trying to find something I can slip it in and out of my pocket easily.

5. gwhzz35

Bronze

Jan 4, 2007
    Are screen protectors included in this discussion?
    If so...I don't like bulky cases, so I bought the Invisible Shield.

I like the good/tough protection, however I don't like the 'orange peel'
    effect, if you don't know what that is, for ex. when you go to a bright web page such as Google, you'll see rainbowy lines because of the shield.
    Also b/c Invisible Shields are a bit thicker, I noticed the screen is no longer as sensitive to touch/swipes/etc.

It drives me a bit crazy because it doesn't make the screen look 'clean' any longer. I ordered a few other screen protectors off ebay that I've used before on my Q, they're not as thick as Invisible Shield but they're much clearer...so I'll let you guys know how these work out!

6. Eugene

Bronze

Jul 30, 2007
    I got the accessory pack deal with my phone and screen protectors were one item but I saw the note from Motorola saying to not use them before I put any on.

7. justreboot

justreboot New Member

Nov 10, 2009
    EddieB

I'm using an Eddie Bauer case that someone gave me as a gift for my Storm. Since I sold the storm I decided to see and try the Eddie Bauer case. As long as you face the screen out your pretty much ok. The notification screen will still show car dock when I remove it, but thats about it. If you face the screen to your body (which I would normally have done in the past), the case picks up the magnets and goes into dock mode. This can drain the battery unexpectedly.

Other than that it is a nice aftermarket case. Much better IMO than the crappy vz case. I was nevr a big fan of screen protectors and would rather have a bare phone when it's out of its case.

8. KelchM

KelchM New Member

Oct 6, 2007
    You really don't need a screen protector on a glass screen.

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    Unless you carry your phone in dusty places like deserts or beaches or near grinders or sandpaper. Or in the pocket you carry your diamonds in. =)