1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

BIG problem with Helix Launcher

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by tonyrenier, Aug 22, 2010.

1. tonyrenier

tonyrenier New Member

Aug 17, 2010

Sponsored Ad

After watching a Youtube video I decided to install Helix Launcher on my 2.1 Moment. That was last night. Today while traveling I noticed that my Sprint Navigation stopped saying there was no satellite signal, then I realized that I couldn't make any calls and kept getting the message that I was in Airplane mode, sure enough. I turned it off and tried again, same thing. I realized that the only change I had made was intalling H.L. Finally, when I had to make a stop I uninstalled H.L. and I could turn off Airplane mode and it didn't turn itself on again.
    Anyone had an issue with this App.?
    I've only had the phone about 2 weeks; I'm a total newbie to Android and the Moment.

Tony Renier
    Green Bay WI USA

2. Weapondrift

Gold

Feb 1, 2008
    I typically use ADW Launcher or Panda Home. Havent noticed any changes that annoying but it might be worth a shot to look into. Or seeing if the H.L has an update, sounds like a bug to me.

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. Bill911

Bill911 New Member

Oct 5, 2010
    The Zeam launcher works flawless.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Everything Android app

5. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Used Panda for a long time. 11 screens, free, simple way to change icons, app drawer could be in a list, and icons could be changed and hidden in app drawer. Didn't work with live wallpapers.

Tried them all! Best is Launcher Pro. Try it.

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android app

6. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
  7. sherri

Gold

Jun 29, 2007
    Read the interview elsewhere. Motorola Droid doesn't have Sense UI. Fede (developer of Launcher Pro) said he is now rebuilding app from ground up...I only use 1 widget ...

Sent from my Droid using Everything Android App

8. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009
    I just bought WeatherBug Elite. I wanted more room for the widgets so I went back to LauncherPro. I may have to buy it too.

Swyped from my Eris running xtrSense 3.

9. bberryhill0

Silver

Feb 14, 2009