1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Bittorrent app

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by manic, Dec 16, 2009.

1. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009

Sponsored Ad

I d/l a bittorrent client app named aBTC from the marketplace. I could not get it to work. I tried the hints left by other Droid users, but no luck. I was wondering if anyone has tried this app and got it to work? I'm new to the whole torrent thing so maybe I'm screwing up.

2. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    Just an update for those who might be interested....I had a friend who uses torrents on his pc take a look at the app. In his opinon the app was not too good. We tried several files of different sizes without luck. He also said that in a pc torrent d/l you choose the individual files you actually end up d/l. This was not an option in the app. I never got one d/l to even start. I had to uninstall within the 24hr trial period to get a refund. The problem is if I decide to reinstall I'm no longer eligible for a refund. I even emailed the developer and told him/her that I didn't mind that if I could get some tips. Never got a response. Too bad because an actual client would be a sweet app. Well if anyone wants to give it a try you do have that 24hr period to use it and get a refund, if necessary. It looks like according to the comments left some Droid users have got it to work. If anyone here tries it and does get it to work post it here. Thanks!

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. manic

Bronze

Nov 8, 2009
    I found and installed the apk file off the web.I. did get it to work. It was really slow. The version I had was old. If I tried to update the settings it would just force close. It did take a while to connect also. It was easily interrupted. incoming or outgoing calls and checking the status all seemed to interrupt. I would also get a message that I had insufficient space and the file size was too large. I was trying a 200 MB file and I had over 5 MB left on my card. Im thinking most of the errors are from this being a non market download. I know that you can set it to resume downloads.and I had it working over wifi too.

So there is good and bad. It does work you can resume downloads but it is slow and takes time to connect. I guess its alright for the first client available, you just have to be patient. with all the file sharing sites available for free I just cant justify paying for this app right now.