1. Everything Android is a community forum that makes it easy to ask questions about anything and everything Android. It's 100% free and no registration required (though we think it would be awesome if you joined our community). Our community of experts are here to help.
    Dismiss Notice

Bluetooth Car Speakerphone?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by EQBob, Dec 14, 2012.

1. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007

Sponsored Ad

Does anyone know if anyone makes a stand-alone BT car speakphone? I don't really want a ear bud. Uncomfortable, and you look like a doofus from "The Fifth Element" walking around life with a blue blinking piece of plastic in your ear.

Truck is 12 years old, no BT, but paid off and only 67K miles. XM radio wasn't bought with a BT adapater.

So either I buy a new XM/BT equipped radio or thought I'd try and see if there are hands-free speakerphone devices.

Any pointers?

2. PacoJr67

Bronze

Mar 6, 2007
    I have a Motorola roadster that works great. Using it's own speaker it works fine, but it also has an FM transmitter so you can use your truck's speakers too

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Everything Android

3. Sponsored Advertisement

4. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks Paco. I did do some googling after posting and the roadster2 gets pretty solid reviews. Have been down on Motorola hardware for some time but the reviews are good.

5. stevetaz

Sep 23, 2008
    Hey Bob....Here is a selection of that and others available at Amazon.

6. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    I have a Motorola T505 has an FM Transmitter in it so it can play the calls through the radio.

7. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Thanks guys! Appreciate the info and help!!

8. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    My plantronics K-100 came in today. It got far better reviews than the Motorola when you look at respondes past the first 3-6 weeks of ownership when 50% of the motorola's were reported as being shipped back due to they stopped working. Saw this at multiple sites, multiple people, dozens of reviews.

The unit paired virtually instantly. Test calls worked like a fricking champ. All sounds played through the device, which is going to be great come Tuesday when I'm in a rental car listening to my phone give me driving directions. <G>. Not that I don't know where I'll be, but figure I'll test it out.

So far, on initial setup and desktop use, looks and operates great!

9. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Fantastic!
    Plantronics is a solid company, I still love my 520 BT Headset

10. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    My only problem now is that the Bluetooth is strong enough that the phone still stays connected inside the house <G>. So my truck would broadcast everything I do at home <G>. Guessing that can easily be solved by using an on-screen widget to toggle BT on and off.

11. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Ha yea same happened with my Moto piece. Check out an app called Power Toggles. It adds a line of quick menus in the drop down notification area.

• Like Like x 1
  12. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Kewl...thanks...will check it out. I think it was beautiful widgits that added in some of those for the screen "desktops", but having them accessible via the notification area would be awesome.

13. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Very nice find Scott!!!!!

14. n99hockey

Feb 7, 2007
    Thanks, its much nicer and cleaner than a toggle widget on the homescreens.

15. EQBob

Gold

Sep 24, 2007
    Agreed. Used it this mrning took half a second toaccess and toggle on.